Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have a flight coming up soon, and would like to bring my paddle with me to try to get a day or two of practice in. For those in the US, do you pack your paddle on your carry-on or check-in bag?
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I've played a few 1400-1500 level players recently and I'm adapting faster to them that before, so I think getting to that level is pretty obtainable next year for me. I think the focus on spin might be something I want to lean into more if I get past that level. I have a version of this and...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Got a lot of compliments on my increase in spin generation last week. Doing some multiball and coordinated practice and that's helped me figure out the positioning I needed for my forehand.
  4. Zhou Qihao vs Matsushima now

    Yeah, some of his returns and placements were so good. Does Ma Jinbao primarily use reverse pendulum for his serve?
  5. Zhou Qihao vs Matsushima now

    Thought Ma Jinbao could have taken that one. Some crazy shots in that match
  6. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Incredible match. Lebrun vs Ma Long/Dima is gonna be a treat Hope LSS continues the momentum for future tournaments
  7. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Lee Sang Su's flicks are sooo good. Incredible game
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One thing that was pointed out to me last tournament I was in was to square my hips more vs having my feet bladed more and focus on the forearm acceleration while keeping my forearm more open. Both you and your opponent do that so it's cool to see the application of it and that's something I...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    How large of a step do you end up doing when doing the first part of the split-step? @NextLevel Thanks for the video. You get a lot of acceleration/forearm snap on both strokes. I think the bed/floor exercise video you showed me before makes more sense now watching that.
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    For sure, I'll try recording later this week with one of my practice partners.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That's definitely something I'll have to be more cognizant of when playing to see if it's occurring when I serve vs my opponent's serve.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Tagging @NextLevel as well. It'll be something that I will point out to my coach next session. The best way I can describe it is that, after serve, I set up around my backhand side. Typically, I do a pendulum serve. If the rally goes longer, I still stay on my backhand with my arm in neutral to...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One thing I'm having issues with is getting burned on my forehand and I'm not sure how to prevent that
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Really need to start being more conscious of my footwork and placement in a match. Are there any good videos out there to go over the basics for this?
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah, it's definitely different to get used to. I spend the first few minutes feeling like I've stepped in mud.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have to march and lift my knees up in place when getting used to grippy floors lol. Super dusty ones are fun cause I can just slide to get momentum.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks for the link. I think the main part that I see when talking about using the lower part of the arm, but not explicitly discussed in the video, is using the elbow as the pivot point on FH/BH. The part about going down on your stroke slightly lower is interesting too.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think the one thing other experienced members of my club are having me do is work on guiding the ball on my strokes, especially off of the bounce. A lot of consistency drills with every permutation of forehand and backhand with focus on where to contact the ball. Watching this then going back...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I definitely couldn't get myself in a rhythm early, so I just focused on pushes to open up opportunities to play more offensive. Felt like my tactics won me a few tight games today.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I eventually have to commit to playing more tournaments. My body felt like it was fighting itself for a lot of the tournament.
Top