Search results

  1. Is EJing good for improving?

    When I think about EJing, I look at my bank account and think other wise. I played a lot in college in our student lounge, got frustrated with cheap Academy Sports Goods paddles, so I did some research, and started with a cheap Yinhe blade, a H3 Neo, and Mercury 2. A few years later, I went...
  2. Xiom Vega Korea Review

    I bought another sheet of Europe this week, so hopefully by the time that wears out, the Korea will be available in the US. I might try out Japan if it's not.
  3. Xiom Vega Korea Review

    Coming from the Pro and the Europe, X felt a bit too rigid for me on my forehand. Although, I think the sponge hardness is the same for the Pro and the X? I used X on my Sweden Extra before I switched to my current SPW setup with the Europe Forehand.
  4. Xiom Vega Korea Review

    Thanks for the review. Really enjoy using Xiom Vega rubbers, mainly for what I get out of the price point. I'm using the Vega Europe on my forehand. Used the Pro and X on forehand in the past, but I did not like how the X felt. Would you recommend the Vega Korea for forehand?
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah, I definitely wish we had more tournaments more often here.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I get more of an energy dump maybe from adrenaline compared to practice. I can handle the intensity in practice, but I just can't get back into the groove of things after my first two matches. I just feel uncharacteristically stiff. I'll see how my conditioning holds next tournament.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'd be so done for the day after my 2nd or 3rd match in a RR haha
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That's an incredible amount of matches! How did you handle dealing with getting cold in between matches? I can't seem to warm myself back up. You're definitely right about the Harmless Harvest Coconut Water (it's so expensive).
  9. Groups or knocks outs in Qualification rounds?

    It seems like some logistics can be fixed and adjusted. I'd be interested in learning more about the backend side and how they reach a lot of their decisions. I like that we have a lot of streams to watch now, so it seems like groups could streamline where each stream can take place. DE would...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Tested out my new Asics court shoes and I couldn't believe how I played with my heavy volleyball shoes before. I can actually feel my footing and how I'm planting. It's throwing me off a bit in playing, but I'll get used to it. Next step is to get out of the habit of hitting so flat.
  11. Groups or knocks outs in Qualification rounds?

    Groups or double elimination (although DE might get weird) for singles would be way more interesting. A WTT Contender event is 32 people, Star Contender 48, then majors 64+. Based on World Ranking, set your groups of 4, so that's 8, 12, 16+ pools, with 6 matches in each group and top 2 going...
  12. Table tennis shoes, where to buy?

    I just got the Asics Gel Rocket 10 and I like it so far. Got it for around $60ish on Amazon here in the US.
  13. Using Computer Vision in Table Tennis

    Mainly, I'm trying to build up my own knowledge in how a lot of these techniques work and eventually test all of this information out on myself. I've always had an interest in biomechanics, especially in sports, and I wish I pursued it in academics. Just working to do small weekend warrior...
  14. Using Computer Vision in Table Tennis

    @Tony's Table Tennis Thanks! Definitely agree with you for the training data. The bulk of the data I used to train the model was from different training sessions with like one Truls forehand in a match and a few Hariomoto forehands when he was in a practice match. I think the volume of the data...
  15. Using Computer Vision in Table Tennis

    As an update to this, I found a tutorial on a more efficient way to get the poses into a DataFrame format + an interesting way to use Data Science algorithms to label a specific action. So, I spent an hour to get 1 minute worth of pro forehands and 1 minute of backhands towards the building of a...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I tried out the Viscaria a while back and I played with the TB ALC, and a Donic Applegren Carbon blade. I think each one had a Tenergy 05/64 or Dignics 05/09c on them. My shots felt a bit more crisp!
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'd be interested in getting a carbon blade, although I'm not sure what to get, especially in terms of inner and outer carbon.
  18. Integrating ChatGPT with a Table tennis robot

    Yeah definitely, if you're doing the OpenAI side, check out LangChain for potential chat bot / voice to text applications. I'm starting to learn it on the side. The NLP/Gen AI applications that you're going for is pretty cool and I'm interested to see what progress you make with it in the future!
  19. Integrating ChatGPT with a Table tennis robot

    @palguay Are you just getting the prompts from the ChatGPT then manually sending it to the robot? The interesting thing is that you could probably train your own OpenAI model, then have an interface set up with the robot to have it all generated. Accessing the OpenAI API does have a cost...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Good point. I know I started out forehand dominant when I started up in 2021, but I eventually just trended into backhand. I'll try to get some recordings in the next couple of weeks with some progress. Making the point to work on some conditioning and drilling. Definitely agree with you on...
Top