Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    6 hours of practice in two days with another 2-3 hours left this week. I had two hours of coaching yesterday. Worked on a lot of consistency drills on the forehand, consistency drills on when to take the bounce on the forehand side, some light movement drills, full arm loops, blocks, backhand...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Did some more testing on R7 and the Vega Europe BH swap. I think I'm preferring the dwell time a lot more on my backhand. Definitely had an increase in spin from some of my counter shots. I've made a lot less mistakes on forehand today with the R7. Consistency is a bit off with the swap, but...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Decided to experiment a little bit and switched my R7 to forehand. In my limited testing, I'm more consistent with returning backspin or side spin from it. My BH quality seemed to be a bit better with a softer rubber. Hopefully, I can get a good coaching session in this weekend.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'll look at the C1 once this Europe fades. At the rate I'm playing, it'll probably be done in a month. I've definitely hit the Rakza 7 a lot more, so it's pretty durable.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'm not sure what to use yet. I just bought this sheet of Vega Europe and I'm so mad I have a tear in it lol.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Had a pretty good 3 hr training session today. I found my FH apparently. Second time in two months that I tear the topsheet of my Vega Europe.
  7. Xiom Vega Korea Review

    Yeah, I think you're right on that end. I like their price point for the Vega series (~$35) and shipping is relatively fast. It's just a long time until one of their sellers get it in stock lol.
  8. Xiom Vega Korea Review

    Megaspin. Not sure about the others
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I get pretty stuck when widening my stance, like I just can't move. I might have to play around with it more, but I tend to reach with my arms a lot more if I play it wider. Hinging puts a bit of pressure on my lower back. When I got tired, I ended up doing a weird front squat stance to...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I used to be able to consistently stay in a lower stance during high school athletics, but it's definitely been a while.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The stroke trajectory is something that I'll try out for sure. Amazingly, my legs aren't as nearly as sore as my back, but having my technique being based on staying low is something that's in the back of my mind as I get older.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Had a 2.5-3.5 hr playing session yesterday. Got a lot of tips from better players around me and I did some intense drilling for one hour. Mainly movement and correcting a lot of my FH and BH strokes. Getting coaching really helps. Being tall and trying to stay low for practice was exhausting and...
  13. Truls Moregardh Set to play in Chinese Super League

    Pretty fun match: FZD hits some amazing shots here. Pretty cool seeing it from this low angle.
  14. Advancing Table Tennis Robots: PongFox Tests Service & Return Feature - Thoughts?

    Since TT is filled with conditions, it would be interesting to create a Bayesian model to analyze a person's serve and predict the likelihood of what the server will give. Something like this paper for tennis, but applied to table tennis would be interesting: https://summit.sfu.ca/item/34899...
  15. Advancing Table Tennis Robots: PongFox Tests Service & Return Feature - Thoughts?

    This is an interesting idea. Reminds me of what I saw from Tom Lodziak's video with robot training. Here it is: <- Regarding the video I posted, I don't know how I feel about it being so thick. I think having a lower profile sensor would be the way to go if you can get it into that form...
  16. Xiom Vega Korea Review

    Contacted a seller here in the US and they will get it around October/November.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'm jealous. Most of the clubs in my area are so far apart and only open 2-3 days a week. I need to move haha.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Looking to get into league play at a club 3 hours from me later in the month. Would be a good test to see how far I've progressed in the past few months. After that, I'll probably look into getting a new sheet of R7 or trying something else out.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I agree with this assessment, but it's a night and day difference in how low I can get and stay and cover ground. The guy that's helping me train is trying to get me to understand movement and positioning. I think the training I'm doing off of the table has enabled me to cover the lateral...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Had two good practice sessions this week. Mainly focused on working on the split-step to cover my FH side. I've used Seth Pech's video as a reference on how I train in the gym and it's helping me out a lot on the footwork side. Doing heavy squats/and going to about 60% of my max on sumo...
Top