Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Just got back from a tournament. Overall, I played 12 best of 5 matches today in two separate brackets (under 1300, under 1750) and went 8-4, getting 2nd and top 8. Coaching is paying off, but I still have a long way to go. No matches recorded unfortunately. I've been up since before sunrise...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Got my first of two fall tournaments tomorrow. Think I have 6-8 guaranteed matches, so I'm definitely going to be sleepy tomorrow night.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'm realizing more that my issue is when left handed people serve short on my forehand side. I started to take my time and loop it back, but I'm still getting crushed on the 3rd ball attack. I'll have to try putting no spin on the return.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    For the second paragraph, I'm trying to picture where to place my body on the backswing. My elbow would be even with the ball? I have practice against a pusher tonight, so I can get a lot of backhand push practice for sure.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My attack is still in PreK, so I gotta brush up on a few things. I wish I could drill more haha. @blahness Split steps have helped me out a lot to cover the extreme areas. I'm a bit weary on giving a lot of topspin back cause they'll just send it straight down the line on my backhand.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I've tried to compensate by working in forehand loops when the ball goes off the side of the table. My forehand pushes are not good, so I end up flicking a lot. I mainly run the risk of leaving my backhand side exposed. Long backhand feels like an option issue. Most of the serves go directly...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Getting targeted a lot in practice matches on my short forehand side and long on my backhand side. Definitely need to get better in those situations.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Good training session today. Mainly focused on: - Consistency when taking the ball off the bounce on both forehand and backhand. Both involve getting and staying low and moving my arm forward - Movement to get to where the ball is - Guiding the ball back off of serve, so working on a safety...
  9. Xiom Vega series

    Yeah, have it FH/BH with my inner carbon blade. Definitely more comfortable than my all wood setup. Thank you for the advice.
  10. Xiom Vega series

    Definitely felt like I had a much harder time returning backspin from VE than I do the C1. I think VE had too much dwell time for me and the C1 is a nice feeling in between the VE and the Rakza 7. I feel like I have less struggle with short touches and pushes.
  11. Xiom Vega series

    I got to try out the C-1, and I definitely prefer it over the Vega Europe so far. I'll report more once I get close to 40ish hours on it.
  12. Major League TT

    I think that they should embrace the grassroots social scene and have like an amateur event at the times they aren't having matches. Or have Fan Expos at the very least. The World Championships were special to have in the US, so the event itself was a draw. For an event trying to gain traction...
  13. Major League TT

    These logos are like early-MLS level lol. If the Florida Crocs don't have a Crocs footwear deal by the end of this, then I'll be highly disappointed. Might be interested in checking out the Houston event. If there was a side tournament to enter, I'd 100% go.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Played in a league event today, first competitive event in almost a year. I arrived just in time, so I went directly into my first match. Everyone I played was in the 1100-1400 range. Match 1: I played way too tentative and passive in the first game, but ended up tied 1-1. A lot of missing top...
  15. Xiom Vega series

    The Vega topsheet definitely does feel like I can bang it up easily. Then again, I literally just tore my Rakza 7. I have a batch of C-1's coming in soon, so I'm interested in seeing how it compares to how I felt when playing with the Europe and Pro.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I agree with your assessment. A lot of what I'm getting caught out on are balls going directly to my middle. I'm also using all arm on my loops, so the power transfer is something I really have to focus on. I can see if I can get some recordings if I go to league this week.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Got to play a few people in the 1500-1800ish range today and boy I can not get my legs and my arms synced up when playing. Drilling has been good just need to get a proper sync in a match. Probably going to focus on irregular drills just to get in and out of my backhand and forehand stances.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Something I want to work on soon is getting short pushes on my forehand side. I always go for the flick, but I'd like to learn it. Had two good practices this week. Definitely takes me a while to get my legs and hips going, something to keep in mind for events.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Long work week for me, so I'm doing some small shadow practices at home today. Watched some of the WTT Rio Semis and Finals. Pretty great matches all around. Watching Hina Hayata's pushes and loops vs Linda Bergstrom's defensive play gave me a few ideas to try against our local pusher. Got...
  20. Xiom Vega series

    I find that I have to replace my Europe every 3-4 months if I play 2-3 times a week. But the price is pretty cheap, so I can't complain too much.
Top