Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One of the better players in my club is forcing me out of the habit of trying to rally. He wants me to set up my serves to set the 3rd ball on my forehand, but I'm way too comfortable with trying to open with my BH lol. I've been working on the 3rd ball attack. Some attacks are rather slow...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I was looking back on my notes of videos I save from my time lurking on the forums, and this video was definitely one of them haha. The person training me puts balls deep on the BH side, so I need to look through this video again and practice some shadow drilling. I think I just end up moving...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The cross over was the drill we were working towards on Tuesday. I'll have to check that video out. Thanks! I think you put it perfectly on why I was having issues. I have a bad habit of leaving my left leg behind and trying to balance all my weight on my right. Going to try to do that side-step...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Worked on a few drills yesterday and got really torched by doing Backhand -> Forehand pivot on BH side -> cross table FH and repeat. Not sure how to stop my momentum to get back fast enough on the Backhand. Might just be my volleyball shoes are wearing out. Feels like being late to the far FH is...
  5. Using Computer Vision in Table Tennis

    That makes sense, thank you for the explanation! Cost is definitely a factor unfortunately. I wonder if that can be overcome in one of the filters I was talking about or some sort of convolutional neural network that can handle blob detection. Cause I've seen the ball tracking being done in a...
  6. The Chinese Domination of Table Tennis!!!

    When I was in Houston for the 2021, the arena was pretty optimal from my perspective in terms of lighting, outside of the one light that was shining in my eye. You can even see the crowd in the event broadcast. It's weird how it looks like it has regressed to this year's event. I would love to...
  7. Using Computer Vision in Table Tennis

    I actually tried to capture the ball in a separate video from a top-down perspective. The main issue is my camera, so the ball becomes rather oblong in video and my code couldn't recognize it. I'd have to apply a filter to recognize the unique shape of it and that sent me down a rabbit-hole of...
  8. Using Computer Vision in Table Tennis

    Thank you! I haven't put it on there yet. I wanted to tinker around with it some more, but my computer can't handle some of the advancements I wanted to make. From memory, I used this tutorial: @gordonluvsu Thank you so much! I love the analytics side of things, so it's cool to see what the...
  9. Using Computer Vision in Table Tennis

    Hey everyone, wanted to share an old weekend project that I worked on last year. I used OpenCV in Python to create landmarks, or points on my body to do an approximate pose estimation. I then included a wireframe just to show potential applications in form analysis. The video of my practice was...
  10. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Absolutely insane matches today! Hope to see some packed crowds on stream this weekend
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Had a pretty good session last night. Turns out that getting as low as possible solved some issues, as well as switching my forehand to XVE and backhand to R7. I'm like one of two people that plays with a wood blade in my club, so getting a lot lower has really helped my timing to deal with the...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This tournament is also in a rural place. Giant RR format which is fun and also incredibly draining from the only other one I played.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'd have to see honestly. Going to increase my training schedule next week
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thinking about competing in a tournament 3 hours away from me in 45 days, but it starts at 9 AM. I don't want to have to get up at 6 AM and drive haha.
  15. Video Footage Safe Thread

    That makes sense. I'll get to training then. Thanks for your help!
  16. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Thank you for this! From memory, I found it easier to get the whip motion on my BH, but not so much on my FH.
  17. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Thanks for the comment! I will grab my Swifter and try this out! I had a feeling that I was making too much contact vs spin on my serves.
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I completely forgot to put this down! I'm the one with the Red Canada t-shirt.
  19. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hey everyone, long time lurker and I decided yesterday to make an account! I've been part of a small club for about 2 years now, currently 1000 USATT (this may be a bit generous) and have been taking the time to focus on improving, mostly from getting advice from other higher level players in...
Top