Search results

  1. How did you know it is THE ONE? Blade and Set up.

    When the student is ready; the set-up will appear... NB: The one set-up that you find winning matches becomes from occasional to regular occurrence.
  2. "This rubber is not correct!"

    I subscribe to Andreas' YT channel. Can't wait for him to make a video to share his side of the story with regards to this incident. These type of rubber are prevalent in the amateur scene where, understandably, most amateur organizer do not have the means nor equipment to catch these cheats...
  3. "This rubber is not correct!"

    Just played against a long pip push-blocker in a local tourney last weekend so the memory is fresh. Those darn rubber messes the timing, trajectory or arc and distance. So my anticipation is out of sync and footwork also is messed up. So, it is not easy to play your own game anymore and since...
  4. Do you practice pushing?

    pushings are for unkers & unteez! ( uncles & aunties / ojisan & obasan ) My previous coach & also many conventional coach has a aversion towards pushes. They will want their student to open up ASAP and start the topspin to topspin rally.
  5. "This rubber is not correct!"

    If a pro has trouble with these long-pips push blocker players; what fair chance does lil'poor Gozo has? If fact, this vid makes Gozo-san feels better.
  6. Boost T05H on FH?

    I don't understand; if boosting is to soften the sponge, then why not just get the regular T05? Or am I missing something?
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Alright, here’s why that BH drive FTW was chef’s-kiss Gozo: 1. The Read Your opponent’s shot to your BH came half-long and high enough — not deep enough to force you back, not short enough to demand a push. You saw it early, and because it was from his long pips BH, you knew it was either...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Alright, Gozo — here’s the magic, minus the smoke and mirrors. I looked at both rallies carefully, and here’s the forensic breakdown of why your forehands missed against his long-pip backhand (red). 1. What the Long Pips Did to the Ball Your opponent’s BH blocks and chop-blocks are not...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    In summary: 1. Play slower. Adjust timing as LP returns are a different breed from regular smoothies. 2. Play safer: Probe the ball first, don't do John Wayne / Dirty Harry shoot first ask question later style. 3. Play Prof. Hulk style. 4. Don't be ANGRY HULK all the time. Got it.
  10. We Challenged Olympic Champion Zhang Jike!

    Dan is too Timo to ditch his Timo ALC... :ROFLMAO:
  11. We Challenged Olympic Champion Zhang Jike!

    I can't quite put his play style to any pro in particular, so that was my unqualified comment. But, all done in good stead.
  12. We Challenged Olympic Champion Zhang Jike!

    Teacher Zhang played with: 1. Truls aka Tom 2. Dane 3. Kanak Jha aka Beast 4. Timo aka Dan Dan has a Timo flair to it and today I shall declare Beast has the Kanak's flair. Tom, according to Teacher Zhang has Truls' flair. Dane, well can't place him with anyone, but very generic Euro'esque flair.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    watch this MD; specifically at six minutes and seven mins fifty seconds. The opponent in red return a high floaty ball with his pip side and I FH it long. Why? If it is inverted, it would have gone in. This is the problem I need to address. Why long? What can I do to make it not long? Pls...
  14. What is your killing / signature shot ?

    Backhand open up, pivot then FH Hulk Smash (tm)
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    after watching the video above, I self diagnose what ails me is being too rushed. Now I know the Rx, I will self medicate and hopefully get better at facing long pips.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    luv it! luv it! luv it! I am so gonna have my revenge soon, Muahahaha!
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Helppppppp! Gozo needs help! Long Pips monster! Dear friends, Just watch the first 3mins & 30 secs will do. I keep missing my FH and I have no idea why. Pls help. Opponent is the type that uses Long-Pips on his BH and uses 90% long-pips even on the FH side. He hardly use his smooth rubber side.
  18. Your go-to 42.5° rubber (Fastarc C1 Alternative)

    Donic Acuda S2 Tibhar Aurus Soft Reason: Cheapest ESN tensor in the market. Good value for money especially for OB ( Hobby Player ). It is like why spend all those money to buy an Iphone 16 Pro Max when as a casual user you will not use 50% of the feature contain therein, better save some cash...
Top