Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Recently I got my hands on this beautiful "fish scale" Koto and this is the first time using it. This pattern happens when wood is cut at a certain angle and it exposes the medullary rays, which are perpendicular to the growth rigs. Not all wood species have them, and they can be hard to find...
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    A slow outer fiber blade, direct Koto feeling and tamed vibrations but on a lower speed class than usual. Available FS. - Koto / Innegra / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / Innegra / Koto - 87.4g - 6.0mm - 157x150mm - AN (100x24.0mm) - 1120Hz - Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    I've tried this HL5 style composition with almost every type of AC weave in my arsenal, AC-I was the only one left. Compared to regular AC-# it feels slightly stiffer, slightly softer, a little more Bh oriented. Available FS. - Limba / Ayous / AC-I / Ayous / AC-I / Ayous / Limba - 88.8g -...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! I just rely on an old Nokia Lumia phone 😅
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    For my 900th blade I just wanted to make something simple and classic looking. I had some Hinoki cores for a while, but never used them, so I decided to do it for this one. It's a stiff blade as the frequency reading suggests, but not that fast, although it has the characteristic springy nature...
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    "Wow, that's a thick carbon layer!" At first it looks like it, but it's just a black wooden layer. #885 is a relatively slow 7 ply blade, it has a thin transverse spruce core that gives some kick on harder strokes, and medium thick Spruce outer layers for that softness and spin ability. It has...
  7. T-Blades- homemade

    I try to avoid Kiri or Balsa altogether for handles, but if I absolutely have to, then I only use kiri on the bottom layer of an handle, definitely no Balsa. I like how you use a dark piece of wood on the bottom of the handle, is that for looks or balance? or both?
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Someone suggested that I recreated the Waldner Senso Carbon but using Limba in the medial layer instead of Anigre, and I thought, Why not? The thing is, the WSC as a paper thin Limba outer layer, and a thin medial too, the thickness of the outer layers, plus carbon layer is only 1mm! So I...
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    I did, as well as some other merchandising too, but thank you for the idea. At the moment that plan is on the background, my priority is finishing my workshop and then I can focus on other projects.
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    That's the only one which isn't a custom order, it's blade #900 and it's going to be here pretty soon 😉
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    My Sunday, sealing and finalizing this batch of blades before I start a new one tomorrow. Seven blades, each with their own composition, handle design and shape, weight range and balance, characteristics extensively discussed with each of their respective owners.
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    And here I am involved in a Mexican soap opera when I should be replying to my customers. I'm sorry, I will get back to you as soon as possible! 😆
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    I didn't get upset about you saying that I copied the blade, I say that someone asked me to copy it, which to me it's different, but that's just semantics. The fact is that the blade was copied and I never denied that. I got upset for you pulling this whole drama, when the blade wasn't even...
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    Maybe not an attack, but it wasn't a fluffy caress either... your own words: See, you still don't get it, I didn't copy that blade, I didn't go out and take Charlie's composition and claim it as my own. Someone asked me to build that composition and I did. See the difference? And the blade...
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    I really didn't want to go down this path but you are forcing my hand so I have to defend myself. Let's recap, I posted a blade, you said it reminded you of something because it had 3 carbon layers, I showed some blades I made in the past with 3 carbon layers. I had no idea where this was...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    I make it one of my life's leading values to be fair to others, so don't question my integrity please. How could I credit anyone if I didn't even post the blade? The only reason we are talking about it is because you brought it up, you might have seen it somewhere, but not from me. As for this...
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    I'm not sure what you mean but ok. You're turning this into a whole thing when it doesn't need to be. My customer wanted that composition made with Kiso Hinoki and a French flag inspired handle. I could do it so that's what I did.
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    If I ceased communication with everyone who asks me to "copy" a blade, I wouldn't have any customers 😂. I have a good relationship with him, no problem whatsoever. When I build something out of the top of my head it's usually different, or I try to put some kind of twist on an existing...
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Exactly, it was him who requested this composition from me. No warping at all 🙂
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    Instead of using 2 harder carbon layers, I use 3 softer ones, this dilutes the difference and takes away some of that "balsa feeling".
Top