Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Viscaria meets Acoustic. Composition: Limba / Limba / Ayous / Ayous / ALC / Koto Weight: 86.1/85.8g Thickness: 5.75mm Freq.: 1300Hz Balance: 2.4cm
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    It felt comfortable to me, but then again I'm not too picky about the handle as long as it's not too small.
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Right, but I doubt that Stiga will feel threatened by a small blade manufactured. They will have much more problems with the Chinese! Anyway, this was probably a one time thing, I was really more curious about the handle than the shape itself.
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Dracula ordered a blade 🙂 I will be honest, I had no curiosity in making this shape, but I'm only here to fulfill my customers' wishes. I'm just happy to have customers that go along with my crazy ideas, so why not a coffin shaped handle to go along with the coffin shaped head? And make it...
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, Anigre is also another option. We get to a point where some woods are so similar that the differences will be mostly visual. Anigre is nice due to its closed pore nature, very smooth and does not splinter easily.
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    Well, if you go to my website I have a bit more information there, including the rating. I also have posts explaining the more technical stuff, for the ones that might be confused. However, I really dislike ratings, I think it's a very poor way of describing a blade. I only use them because I...
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    Never heard of it to be honest. But the mechanical properties are not far from the Framiré I'm using when I want something between Koto and Limba (you can look it up as Idigbo). Color also varies a bit like Limba, now I have brown sheets but the ones I was using were yellow. I would love to use...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Based on a Hugo Hal, a fast attacking blade with a relatively soft feeling. Available FS. Composition: Koto / Aramid / Limba / Kiri / Limba / Aramid / Koto Weight: 90.0g Thickness: 5.75mm Freq.: 1485Hz Balance: 2.9cm (Med/Low)
  9. FS: SDC Blades

    #56 Sold
  10. FS: SDC Blades

    Just updated the first post with a lot more stuff!
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Make 5 plies great again! Composition: Limba / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Limba Weight: 87.6g Thickness: 5.8mm Freq.: 1185Hz Balance: 3.0cm (Med)
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    The frequency on this one came out a bit lower than expected, I'm not sure why. I've made this exact composition at the same time and the frequency was 100Hz higher. The growth rings definitely affect how the blade performs. More rings means more density, which also means more stiffness and...
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another Katana 🙂 Composition: Hinoki / ALC / Kiri / ALC / Hinoki Weight: 86.6g Thickness: 7.1mm Freq.: 1485Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    There is a limit to how much a blade can weigh, otherwise it will become unplayable for most people, so you can't use heavy woods everywhere. Putting the hard and dense plies on the outer part of the blade is the most efficient way in terms of stiffness and hardness. The core is usually the...
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks 🙂
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Western Red Cedar is considered a nice alternative to Hinoki, but it's not exactly the same, not quite as dynamic. In result, this blade came out a little slower than what I was expecting. Still, the feeling is exceptional, a clear feedback without annoying vibrations. It's relatively stiff with...
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Composition: Koto / A-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / A-C / Ash Weight: 80.2g Thickness: 5.7mm Freq.: 1485Hz Balance: 3.0 (Med)
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    I don't know why, but my cat loved this one 😁 Composition: Limba / TC / Limba / Ayous / TC / Ayous / Mahogany Weight: 88.9g Thickness: 5.65mm Freq.: 1315Hz Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Well, this is all conjecture because I haven't tested the blade, but this was my reasoning when I made it. Smoked Eucalyptus is harder than Koto, so the blade will have a crispier touch. Base speed feels a bit higher, but the kick on high impact will be a lot higher due to the szlc.
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    What can I say about this one? Basically it's like a IF ZLC on steroids... Available FS.Composition: Smoked Eucalyptus / Ayous / SZC / Ayous / SZC / Ayous / Smoked Eucalyptus Weight: 90.4g Thickness: 5.55mm Freq.: 1350Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
Top