Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    It was my pleasure 😁
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Some inspiration on the old Butterfly Cresail for the handle on this one. Composition: Koto / Ayous / IC / Ayous / IC / Ayous / Koto Weight: 87.1g Thickness: 5.75mm Freq.: 1270Hz Balance: 3.1cm (Med)
  3. SDC Handmade Blades - website launch

    New update to the website: - Added a "Customizing Options" section - updated the gallery - updated the nerdy stuff section
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    I've used Sycamore before, but yeah, it's not very popular... The inspiration was the original Goriki, just changed the color a bit to match the inner layers.
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is Goriki's European cousin. I've been getting a few requests to make a similar blade to Nittaku Goriki, but a little lighter since they are often well over 100g. So I switched the three inner Black Walnut layers for European Sycamore Maple. These woods are very similar in terms of...
  6. FS: SDC Blades

    #319 Sold
  7. Der_Echte's SDC Spartan XD

    I get what you are saying, but it's not all about the similarity of the woods, ply thickness and arrangement matters as well. There are plenty of "mono" wood blades out there that still feel hollow.
  8. Der_Echte's SDC Spartan XD

    For those who never saw it, this was the first version of the Spartan The composition was Koto / I-C / Ayous / Kiri, with 5.8mm and about 105g. The blade itself is not that heavy, about 68g without handles, which is high for a blade with a kiri core but not that uncommon for blades with Ayous...
  9. FS: SDC Blades

    #310 Sold
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    I think in this case it will play an octave lower [emoji28] Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  11. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    I would also suggest trying to find a used one, blades have a tendency to get softer with time, especially composite blades, so a used one will feel less direct than a brand new one.
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    Any guitar players out there? Can you tell me what the inspiration was? Composition and shape were based on a Gergely, and it was made as a birthday gift 🙂 Composition: Hinoki / SC / Kiri / SC / Hinoki Weight: 89.9g Thickness: 6.65mm Freq.: 1590Hz Balance: 2.5cm (Low)
  13. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    Sometimes two of these blades from different models will feel more similar than two from the same model. There are really a lot of variables and you are looking for a very specific feeling so it won't be easy. If you are looking for the same, or less speed, a good place to start would be to get...
  14. FS: SDC Blades

    #131 sold Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  15. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    TB Spirit is Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri, just like a few other Butterfly blades. However, there are various things that can be done in the building process, while maintaining the same composition, that will make the blade perform differently. If Butterfly intentionally does this or not with these...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    I think you mean ZLF. But I can do the zlc as well [emoji16] Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    It's experiment time again! I really like doing these thematic blades, this time I wanted to do an all Ayous blade. The plies on this one are all crossed, this sacrifices a bit of longitudinal stiffness to gain more lateral stiffness, which gives a big homogeneity to the blade. In others words...
  18. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    I don't know, Ayous sounds cheaper than Limba? Just a guess 😅
  19. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    Good example, thank you Manfred.
  20. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    Updated the post, should be clearer now. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Top