Search results

  1. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    I had to put the words somewhere... Maybe a little arrow would've helped. Yeah, I call it core and so does everyone. As for the medial ply nobody ever mentions it so there is no common term. Maybe medial is not the best one, but second or intermediate doesn't seem right either. Sent from my...
  2. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    The pictures show all the layers, they are the same apart from the second layer, and the core is neither Limba or Ayous but Kiri. Nobody uses Limba for cores... Also, some of those blades mentioned have obviously different cores, so I didn't thought there was a reason to be confused. Sent from...
  3. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    I think we have a lapse in communication here. By medial ply I mean the second ply not the core! Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  4. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    I didn't say that. I don't know where you got that math from. I said that if you use Limba instead of Ayous you will get 3-4g more. So, all else being equal, an 85g blade would be 88 or 89g. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  5. Butterfly blades - the whole truth!

    Sorry for the clickbait, I couldn't resist [emoji28] ** labels might be misleading, I'm talking about the second layer here, not the core** I had this conversation so many times that I decided to write a post about it. If you look at the composition of a Butterfly blade online you will see...
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, there is an extra layer there but it's part of the handle Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    Compositions are: Limba / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / Limba Limba / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / Ayous / ALC / Koto
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    That's basically it, but they have the same head size, it's just from the perspective.
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    Can you spot the difference?
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    A stable and relatively fast blade for those who don't like the feel of carbon. Available FS. Composition: Spruce / Spruce / Ayous / Spruce / Spruce Weight: 87.0g Thickness: 6.35mm Freq.: 1335 Hz Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    I had no idea it was you 😁
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    The handle is made with Fineline and stabilized Karelian Birch, very beautiful but very heavy and quite expensive. So, despite not being the most laborious handle, that puts it in the very complex category.
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one is a looker 😍 Composition: Limba / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Limba Weight: 87.7g Thickness: 5.9mm Freq.: 1291Hz Balance: 2.5cm (Low)
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    Carbon feel without carbon. Well, not quite, but the very hard Ebony second layer makes this blade feel as crispy as bacon. Available FS.Composition: Framiré / Ebony / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Ebony / Framiré Weight: 89.5g Thickness: 6.0mm Freq.: 1250 Hz Balance: 3.1cm (Med)
  15. FS: SDC Blades

    up you go
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another deadly Katana Composition: Koto / Limba / SZLC / Kiri / Limba / SZLC / Koto Weight: 89.3g Thickness: 5.8mm Freq.: 1528Hz Balance: 2.5cm (Low)
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one is based on a Zetro Quad, however, I used Aramid instead of Zylon since I don't work with this fiber. It's a fast blade with a soft feeling. The handle is also chunky with 24mm instead of the usual 23mm. Available FS. Composition: Hinoki / Aramid / Ayous / Soft Carbon / Kiri / Soft...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    I guess it works too, but the colors were meant to represent UK's flag.
  19. What is STIGA Cybershape?

    Clearly it is, but I didn't say it wasn't, I just said it feels weird to me, so some adjustment may be needed to others as well.
  20. What is STIGA Cybershape?

    This is something I was going to mention. Truls has a very unique grip, he holds the blade like a spoon and his hand doesn't touch the wings. The cyber shape has shorter and more inclined wings, but it doesn't affect him because his hand never touches the wings anyway. I have a high grip, I like...
Top