Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, Ako has a very similar grain structure to Koto, but it's softer. Quarter sawing exposes the medullary rays and produces that effect, what we like to call fish scale.
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks. Sub layer is ayous with a blue fig stripe and Olive wood on top.
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Not for Der, I guess that are more people out there who like to combine TT and weightlifting 😀
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! As I've mentioned in the post I've been playing with this blade for some time. The handle feels great, it absorbs sweat really fast and doesn't get soggy like what happens if you use softer woods. It also has some texture which feels really nice in the hand. The only downside is that...
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    That's a great idea, I'm definitely up for the challenge!
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    Some people love it, others hate it and prefer a head heavy blade. But I think people are "afraid" of heavy blades because you won't find this kind of balance in a heavy commercial blade. An handle from a manufacturer will weigh about 25g at best, which means that if a blade weighs 95g for...
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    Remember that wall I was building? This is it, something to evoke to my Civil Engineering background, a Viscaria type composition that has been my personal blade for some time. In a previous post I explained how there are some things I can tweak during the building process to make a blade...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    So, the secret services contacted me saying Ma Long was out there shooting some rockets, and wanted to know what kind of weapon he was using. I told them it was a W968, so they asked if I could make it even more powerful! Well, I told them I could, but a weapon like this will be dangerous in the...
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    My teammate's new weapon. Full credit to him on the design 😎 Composition: Black Walnut / Ayous / S A-C / Kiri / S A-C / Ayous / Black Walnut Weight: 89.3g Thickness: 6.05mm Freq.: 1420 Hz Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  10. FS: SDC Blades

    Added #166
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    I've talked about Diolen fibre before, Diolen is a high tenacity polyester fibre and many manufactures use it as substitute for Arylate or Aramid (even tough they don't call it that) because it also provides a soft feeling. In the pictures we can see two different colors (red and black) but in...
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    I don't know why, but I get the feeling these two are about to drop the hottest mixtape of 2021 😎 Composition: Smoked Eucalyptus / Ayous / Glass-Fiber / Kiri / Kiri / Kiri / Glass-Fiber / Ayous / Smoked Eucalyptus Weight: 87.1 and 87.0g Thickness: ~5.85mm Freq.: 1270 Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  13. FS: SDC Blades

    #170 sold
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another Viscaria type composition, definitely my most requested blade, and for a good reason. Composition: Koto / A-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / A-C / Koto Weight: 90.2g Thickness: 5.85mm Freq.: 1464 Hz Balance: 1.8 (Very Low)
  15. FS: SDC Blades

    # 171 Sold
  16. FS: SDC Blades

    Added #171
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    TB ALC evil twin 😈 This one is going to be available in my FS thread. Composition: Framiré / S A-C / Framiré / Kiri / Framiré / S A-C / Framiré Weight: 88.8g Thickness: 5.65mm Freq.: 1464 Hz Balance: 3.0 (Med)
  18. Handle, Wings and Grip

    Don't worry, I didn't took it personally nor was I offended, you didn't say anything wrong. I was just trying to clear up that just like Brands, some blade makers are better than others. I'm not saying I'm the best, I know I'm not, but I'm certainly different and like to step outside of the box.
  19. Handle, Wings and Grip

    No offense to you, but maybe you haven't tried good blade makers. I'm not trying to sell anything, but I don't think it's fair to give all custom blade makers a bad rep just because you had a bad experience. I'm also not claiming that my blades are better than Butterfly's, they are different...
  20. Handle, Wings and Grip

    If only there were custom blade makers out there that could make bigger handles... 😁
Top