Search results

  1. Nexy Korea new youtube channel for blade and rubber design

    Yes, the medial ply matters a lot. It affects hardness, rebound, lateral and torsional stability (sweetspot) and feedback. But in this case there is a much simpler explanation: your premise is wrong. Those compositions are not that similar. The Korbel is a 5 ply blade with a thick medial limba...
  2. Primorac Carbon Restoration - SDC

    PVA won't bond to plastic so it's not appropriate. You can try superglue or contact glue, the kind made specifically for plastics. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    The owner of this combi blade was so happy with the first one that he wanted a spare, apparently this one came out even better than the first. Any resemblance to Mima Ito's blade is merely a coincidence :D Composition: Koto / A-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / A-C / Ash Weight: 81.8g Thickness...
  4. Primorac Carbon Restoration - SDC

    I never removed those, just polished them in the end. The handle was just given a very light sanding with a fine grit sandpaper.
  5. Primorac Carbon Restoration - SDC

    Thanks! I removed the handle pieces using a heat gun and thin knife, same way I normally do. In this case it was relatively easy because the glue was soft. I just glued them back using ordinary wood glue (PVA).
  6. Primorac Carbon Restoration - SDC

    Oh, ok, read it wrong, I'm sorry. It doesn't need to be outside, I shipped a blade to Singapore and it gained 4g just due to different conditions. It was made in the summer during hot and dry weather, and Singapore is very humid. But that one had a Padauk handle, it soaks water like a sponge...
  7. Primorac Carbon Restoration - SDC

    "In my experience wood dries with time unless exposed to humidity." This is a very vague observation, it will depend on the original moisture content and environmental humidity. It doesn't have to be a sauna, any environmental change will cause wood to gain/loose moisture. That's why wood is...
  8. Primorac Carbon Restoration - SDC

    I didn't measure the balance before but on of the reasons I made the weight relief was to compensate for the loss of mass in the head and keep the original balance. The balance after the fix is 3.2cm which is common for commercial blades. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  9. Primorac Carbon Restoration - SDC

    Firstly I just wanna say sorry for the watermark, it seems that there are some people who like to steal my repair pics and claim them as their own. A friend of mine asked me to fix his old Primorac Carbon that was in storage for some time. The blade was in pretty bad shape with some severe...
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    Lately I've been getting a few requests to make something similar to Butterfy's Liu Shiwen blade which is discontinued. Well, unfortunately I don't work with plain zylon, but this has been my suggestion. An over-sized, relatively fast and high throw blade that retains a nice woody feeling. It's...
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Definitely not beautiful, also very moody and with a big personality, but we still love her (the cat not the blade :))
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one is available, the blade not the cat :D The blade is based on an Acoustic, built with hide glue but I used two thinner Limba medial plies instead of a thicker one, so this is technically a 7 ply. Composition: Limba / Limba / Limba / Kiri / Limba / Limba / Limba Weight: 91.8g Thickness...
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    One of my personal favorites, too bad I didn't get to keep it! I must say I don't get any credit for designing this handle, it all came from the owner's mind, I just executed his idea. Composition: Framiré / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / Framiré Weight: 84.6g Thickness: 5.7mm Freq...
  14. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    I don't think he scammed anybody, or at least that it was his intention. And of course it was only my opinion, based on facts, but still just my opinion. Manufacturers use the term ALC loosely, and I don't mean just blade builders, there are also some brands using Diolen-Carbon in their blades...
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thank you!
  16. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    Diolen is softer so it does everything a little less. Less speed, smaller sweetspot, but it can give more control depending on the perspective. It also feels a little different, not so dynamic and crisp, more numb perhaps?
  17. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    I'm guilty of using this in the beginning without knowing what it really was. After I found out I stopped calling it ALC and just use the real name. I still use it from time to time. The darker blue is a give away, it can also be Dyed in several different colors, but the way the fibers fray on...
  18. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    Medial ply is most definitely Limba, but the Viscaria doesn't have a Limba medial and that's not ALC. That's "chinese ALC" aka Diolen-Carbon, many manufactures use and knowingly or unknowingly call it ALC. Nothing wrong with Diolen if you disclose what it is, but it's not the same as ALC.
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    I used to work with guitars but I never worked with violins before, let alone three! A commissioned blade with a Violin composition and a cool custom Cobra Kai logo, as well as some simple repairs on a couple of damaged Violins. Composition: Ash / Ash / Kiri / Ash / Ash Weight: 85.3g Thickness...
Top