Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    No need for shady hacker skills, just tag all your friends 😃
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    I'm doing a Giveaway in my Instagram page, if anyone here wants to participate feel free to do it.
  3. FS: SDC Blades

    Updated with #170.
  4. FS: SDC Blades

    This particular fineline is made with Ayous sheets, so it's relatively soft. The vertical lines act like the grain on solid wood, so it feels similar to a quarter sawn veneer. I like to call it the poor man's Hinoki, of course it's not the same thing but it's shares some characteristics like the...
  5. FS: SDC Blades

    Fineline is reconstituted wood, basically a bunch of thin sheets of wood glued together and cut in the perpendicular direction. This results in a very consistent veneer. Manufacturers mostly use it for their handles, however you can also see it as the top ply in many blades. Donic Epox and...
  6. FS: SDC Blades

    Updated the first post with #161.
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one has the same structure and about the same thickness as the blade from two posts ago, however it uses a thicker outer ply and thinner core. This gives it less speed, more control, more feedback, and a higher top spin arc than the other one, making it perfect for an allround top spin...
  8. How to measure blade speed?

    Wow, you're so desperate for validation that you simply ignore what other people write. It's like talking to a wall. OK, you are right Tony Stark, I'm out. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  9. How to measure blade speed?

    Finally, Thank you! Bounce tests won't cut it either unless you can shoot balls at the blade at various speeds. We are dealing with an orthotropic material, so the deformation curve isn't linear. This means that different initial drop heights will produce different bounces depending on the type...
  10. How to measure blade speed?

    The mode we measure when we do the ball bounce is the 6th, the first and fundamental mode is usually around 100hz for a commom blade, so it will take a lot to get a fundamental of 5k Hz. But it seems that the point is still not clear. We are not using frequency to estimate speed. We are using...
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Anyone like fish? Awesome fish-scale pattern on these Ako top plies. Composition: Ako / I-C / Framiré / Kiri / Framiré / I-C / Ako Weight: 79.6g and 79.8g Thickness: ~5.65mm Freq.: 1330 Hz Balance: 2.5cm (low)
  12. FS: SDC Blades

    Blades 132 and 162 sold.
  13. FS: SDC Blades

    Updated the first post with some more blades.
  14. How to measure blade speed?

    No, it's actually the opposite. Don't want to get into equations but simply put stiffness is calculated using the Elastic Modulus and Moment of Inertia. The moment of Inertia is dependent on the inertia of each individual layer and their distance to the central axis. The core is very close to...
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks!
  16. How to measure blade speed?

    The TTgear lab approach is also based on vibration modes, they measure a few modes and compare them to a reference blade to transform those values into indices. The first mode (deflection) is what they call primary primary elasticity index, the 6th mode (membrane) is what they call central...
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another one of my experiments. I had built a similar one that was thicker, that one was fast but also a bit head-heavy so I wanted to make something more controlled and spin oriented. The lower weight and balance point also make it much more comfortable to play. Composition: Fineline /...
  18. How to measure blade speed?

    The numerical analysis did help me in the beginning to successfully predict the frequency of some blades. But I quickly found that wood properties have a big variation, and that variation will influence how the blade feels, even if the frequency is within the predicted values. So I stopped doing...
  19. How to measure blade speed?

    Scream all you want, I'm not gonna argue with you. I don't know about you, but I've built and tested hundreds of blades so I know what I'm saying is true. Frequency is an indicator of the blade speed when comparing similar compositions. Simple as that. However flawed it may be, it's still the...
  20. How to measure blade speed?

    Just a brief explanation to those who are not familiar with the frequency reading: Every object vibrates when subjected to an external excitation, a table tennis racket is no different. Like Zeio pointed out, this excitation produces several modes of vibration, each with its own deformed shape...
Top