Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    My first Zylon-Carbon blade, Apolonia ZLC composition. I have a hard time finding the right blade for me because I prefer a hard touch on the BH, but a soft touch and high arc on the FH. I've been using this blade for the past few weeks and I think I finally found it, the perfect compromise...
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    This was a blade made in collaboration with PingBrothers. Soon they will review this blade on their youtube channel, stay tuned! Composition: Koto / Innegra-Carbon / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / Innegra-Carbon / Koto Weight: 84.0g Thickness: ~6.0 mm Freq.: 1400 Hz Balance: 2.1 cm (Very Low)
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    I'll be totally honest here, I do use hide glue if requested, but it's not my favorite glue to use. Hide glue is heavier, so it's only suitable for certain compositions, and it's harder to use. I get a much stronger bond using half the amount of glue with PU. And Forget about using it...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    I've been using hide glue for some time, but I believe your blade was made with PU glue.
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    Western red cedar Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    After testing the Innegra outer blade I made, member Magic_M was so pleased with the result that he commissioned two blades with the same composition! Composition: Framiré / Innegra-Carbon / Framiré / Kiri / Framiré / Innegra-Carbon / Framiré Weight: 88.0g and 88.1g Thickness: ~5.7mm Freq...
  7. SDC Handmade Blades - Some Impressions / Short Review

    I get what you are saying. It's not necessarily bad and you adjust pretty easily to it. However, I prefer blades with a more solid feeling. The rubber choice is also important, I don't like harder rubbers in this type of blades but usually mid hard rubbers with a dynamic sponge work well. Sent...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, Ovangkol is pretty hard, and it has a denser layer of Aramid-Carbon underneath. The handles is made of wenge with Padauk stripes. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    A five ply blade made with hide glue that I built for a forum member. Gotta love the classics! Composition: Black Limba / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Black Limba Weight: 87.6 g Thickness: ~5.55 mm Freq.: 1162 Hz Balance: 1.9 mm - Very Low
  10. SDC Handmade Blades - Some Impressions / Short Review

    That Innegra Inner was my first blade with this fiber and I didn't knew much about it at the time. I agree it is a little hollow, mostly because is slightly thin at 5.6mm. In later iterations I used a little thicker medial ply and the result is more solid, and better in my opinion.
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    A couple of blades I made for a forum member. Based on an OTC but in a asymmetric construction with an harder Ovangkol top ply for pips out rubber. Very similar weight between these, not even a full gram difference. Composition: Koto / A-C / Ako / Kiri / Ako / Super A-C / Ovangkol Weight: 86.1g...
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    No, they are not painted, neither is the black part.
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Trying to push the limits of a 5 ply blade. This is a fast, stiff, but relatively soft blade that retains a good feedback. The handle was just to see if I could do it. I can, but I did mess up that yellow stripe. It will go better next time. Composition: 5 ply Spruce Thickness: 7.0 mm Weight...
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    Standard 157x150 mm Carl Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Foil might not be the best description, it's compressed paper 0.2mm thick Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another experiment I've made during quarantine. I've always liked the Persson Powerplay and that blade uses a layer of foil underneath the top ply. So I also used foil but with a different composition. The Queen seems to like it! Composition: Framiré / Foil / Framiré / Kiri / Framiré / Foil /...
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Similar to Innerforce AlC yes, the ALC.S uses spruce I believe.
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    Custom order for a forum member, with a cool looking handle! Composition: Black Limba / Ayous / Innegra-Carbon / Ayous / Innegra-Carbon / Ayous / Black Limba Thickness: 5.75mm Weight: 83g Freq.: 1330 Hz Balance: 2.9cm (low/med)
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Well, I don't know how Xiom makes their blades but I see no reason for that to happen. It seems to me more like a marketing gimmick to justify the cost of the blade. I used different composites here too, one side is inner Innegra-Carbon and the other is outer Aramid-Carbon and I didn't have to...
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    Hajto, what do you mean by stability?
Top