Search results

  1. Question for Blade-Builders

    If there is a difference in bounce and pitch on a blade bounce test, then surely there will be a difference in playing. Sometimes these differences are subtle with the bare blade, but can be felt during play. I'm also working on some combi attack/defense blades but I'm using a different...
  2. Question for Blade-Builders

    Nice. Did you notice a difference in bounce between sides?
  3. SDC Handmade Blades - Some Impressions / Short Review

    Thanks for your impressions Ingo. I only made one training session with the "Revoldia" but I also felt it was a bit weird, I preferred the other two by a long shot.
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    My goal is to continue to get better and better!
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    I really can't complain :) And that lamp really is the light of my life!
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    Sorry but I prefer not to disclose that. I don't mean to be selfish, but it is something that has taken me a lot of work and research to perfect. Don't get me wrong, you of all people are deserve to know since you shared so much knowledge, but I'm sure there are also aspects of your blades you...
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    That lamp sure is beautiful!
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    This was another one of my experiments during quarantine. I hadn't built a a 7 ply with kiri core in a while and I wanted to try this Smoked Eucalyptus. The blade is very linear, not bouncy at all, and has a soft but solid and muted feel. However, you can clearly feel the hard to ply on harder...
  9. Soulspin W968

    Not exactly the W968's dimensions but still a nice blade, congrats.
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    As a general rule of thumb, the less layers a blade has, the thicker it needs to be in order to have sufficient stiffness and hardness. The problem when you increase thickness is that you also increase the weight. So, light woods must be used for this, such as Hinoki and Spruce. That really...
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    I have also had that idea but still hadn't the time to do it. I think it might work. I have never had a problem with warping, and I've made blades with significant differences between sides. I think part of the secret is gluing each set of layers at a time. Another thing is not to use water...
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    Like what Carl said, it doesn't work that way. And I can tell you that even theoretically, that composition wouldn't cause significant differences between sides.
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, but the allround classic is much thinner. 6 plies? What would be the purpose of this?
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    People still use all wood blades, who would have thought? :D This is a classic 5 ply composition, similar to Korbel, that I made for a former team mate. Composition: Limba / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Limba Thickness: 5.9 mmWeight: 86.8 g Head Size: 158x152 mm Freq.: 1290 Hz Balance: 2.9 cm
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks Carl, you always step in with interesting information. All you said is correct, I was simplifying things a bit but essentially the message is the same. The truth is we are dealing with high performance fibers meant to be used in much more demanding applications than a TT blade. For the...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    I will just add some information to my previous response to you. ALC is Arylate weaved with carbon. Arylate is what Butterfly uses, the commercial name is in fact Vectran. Aramid, commercially Kevlar, is used by DHS and many other companies. They call it all sorts of stuff, but it's all...
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Just sent you a PM :)
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    A commissioned combination blade for a short pips pips player. This one was a real challenge because he wanted something solid and hard but not very fast. Composition: Wenge / Spruce / Glass-Fiber / Balsa / Glass-Fiber / Spruce / Black Walnut Weight: 92.2 g Thickness: ~6.0 mm Freq.: 1400 Hz...
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    This "Katana" is now chilling in Dubai, living the good life. Typical Viscaria composition with the most complex handle I made to date. Composition: Koto / Aramid-Carbon / Limba / Kiri / Limba / Aramid-Carbon / Koto Weight: 88.7g Thickness: 5.7mm Freq.: 1400 Hz
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, Zylon-Carbon provides more stiffness and hardness that Aramid-Carbon or Innegra-Carbon at the same density.
Top