Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    A pair of commissioned blades with the Innegra outer composition. Composition: Framiré / Innegra-Carbon / Framiré / Kiri / Framiré / Innegra-Carbon / Framiré Weight: 86.2 and 86.7g Thickness: ~5.7 mm Freq.: 1313 Hz Balance: 1.9 cm (Very Low)
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Cutting the cloth is the easy part. Well, not easy, it's still very labor intensive, but getting the fibers smooth while at the same time having a perfect wood edge is very hard.
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Well, there's no way I can compete with that kind of machinery :D I attach the template to the blank and cut it roughly leaving 1-2mm gap. Then I use my disk sander to leave the smallest gap possible. This is serves more to alleviate some work from the router bit than anything else. Then off to...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks, I do put a lot of manual work in the finishing department. Carbon is easy to smooth but sometimes the dust gets in the wood pores if the cut is not smooth to begin with. Zylon is a lot more resilient than kevlar but somehow I seem to get better edges with it. But then again Diolen is...
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks!
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is the second blade I've built for @keean.tt. The composition is similar to the N301 and once again we tried to incorporate Singapore's flag red and white in the handle. It also features a really cool white Koto top Ply. Composition: Koto / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / Koto Weight...
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    Wenge!
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, that's the natural color, but just like limba there can be some variation, I've seen some much darker veneers. Well, Limba or Framiré over Ayous because they are heavier and harder. Ayous would make this composition too slow, it's better combined with a harder top like Koto. Framiré and...
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is the first of two blades I built for a customer. He's a very good player and also a coach, you can check his insta account @keean.tt This one is my Innegra outer composition which has received good feedback lately, featuring Singapore colors in the handle. Composition: Limba /...
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one was to experiment with reconstituted wood, also called fineline. Fineline is basically a bunch of thin sheets of wood (usually Ayous) that are glued together and cut in the perpendicular direction. This makes a cheap, very consistent and relatively light veneer. This is also the...
  11. CNT's Mock Olympics

    I love it how LJK is messing with people's minds :D
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    Made this one a while ago. A combination blade for a young defensive player featuring Luxembourg's flag colors on the handle. Composition: Framiré / Innegra-Carbon / Framiré / Ayous / Ako / Framiré Weight: 84g Thickness: 5.5mm Freq.: 1162 Hz
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yeah, I like to think outside the box and cater to all tastes. Technically Black Limba is the same as Limba, they are the same tree, the change in color is something that happens naturally. The blade is in the Off- range probably, but the frequency isn't directly related to speed. The...
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is a blade that will divide opinions, some will love it, some will hate it, but it's hard to stay indifferent. Here's the backstory: the owner loves Moto GP and he is a big fan of Valentino Rossi. He wanted to make a statement with the handle, something that incorporated yellow, blue and...
  15. PingBrothers - SDC Handmade Blade Review

    PingBrothers just made a video review on their youtube channel of the blade they commisioned:
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one was commissioned so it's not available anyway, I guess this is good for your wallet :) But you know that it's no problem to make this in ST :cool:
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    To be honest I'm really not sure. I had some boards of this wood in my garage and I don't even know where they came from. It weighs around 300 kg/m3, so really close to paulownia, but it doesn't seem like it going by the grain pattern. The handles on this one are solid and weigh 16g, the blade...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, the glass-fiber helps a bit with that, I knew it would be too flimsy without it.
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    I was once challenged to build the lightest blade possible. Well, I could just make a one ply balsa blade but that would just be unplayable. However I did try to make a very light blade that would still be good for looping. Composition: Ayous / Glass-Fiber / Balsa / Balsa / Balsa/ Glass-Fiber...
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    No, this is not a repost, but the classic look will always be popular! Composition: Black Walnut / Aramid-Carbon / Limba / Kiri / Limba / Aramid-Carbon / Black Walnut Weight: 90.4g Thickness: 5.75mm Freq.:1440 Hz
Top