Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I don't have a recent video on this. However in my last practice with my coach last weekend, my success rate is to my satisfaction ( 70 - 80% ) - that is if I mentally recalled but most probably may not be accurate due to self-bias or this allegedly high percentage is probably due to what USDC...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes! I'm gonna do this in my next practice, even if I have to lose many games, so be it. I need to re-strategize or reinvent my game style for a small tourney in mid-April or if unable to, to prep myself for a major tourney at the end of July this year.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah, you are right, it is a mental / habit thing. It is not like I cannot FH topspin / loop. It is just I can't do it when under pressure during match play where my opponent is making things hard for me. It is something I need to practice and mentally remind myself.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Oh guys, I forget to mention, when I am doing stroke I can loop with nice trajectory but when it comes to match, I somehow flat slap the ball. What is wrong? Any TT doctor in the house can diagnose this problem?
  5. DHS Hurricane Long 5 vs Butterfly Harimoto Innerforce ALC

    this is just too easy: BH lover = Harimoto whereas FH lover = HL5. Problem solved. If unsure, still get Harimoto coz I know with HL5 you'll wanna loop FH all day. Why? I have a HL5 and I recall there is just some magic in it, I suspect is the ergonomic of the handle.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This is soooooooo me... Pips balls always gets me mis-timing. Hate pips!
  7. 1980s Stiga Allround blade - worth reusing ?

    I opinion is that using Yasaka Mark V on Stiga All-round will be very exhausting. You need to generate immense power just to get the ball over especially in topspin to topspin play. Your arm will be burning after a short while.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    1. This is not a rebuttal but take it more as a conversation between people of like mindedness. 2. Next's point is centered mostly that new or developing player should use slower set-up ( five ply wood etc ). This is the consensus amongst most TT players and is a widely accepted narrative /...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks for your advise. In the mean time I shall be working my arse off on improving my FH like how I previously did with my BH together with my coach. Video show & tell again to you and others in six weeks' time at my next little tourney.
  10. WTT Singapore Smash 2023

    it is on par with H3 National at half the price. I have said it before and I say it again: Anyone who thinks he / she want to buy Nat H3, save the money and buy two pcs of the Nitakku Blue Sponge version instead. For me, it is a bargain and it must be boosted to be used. The hardness is around...
  11. WTT Singapore Smash 2023

    I have Nittaku H3 Blue Sponge and it is as heavy as brick.
  12. Chinese all boosting, yet never caught red handed/ Why?

    We're not going to be friends! Ever!
  13. Chinese all boosting, yet never caught red handed/ Why?

    This is a German product. It is at its peak engineering. No modification is necessary. It is foolish to tinker with something already perfect. This is a German product. It is at its peak engineering. No modification is necessary. It is foolish to tinker with something already perfect. This...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Once upon a time, I used to use Stiga All-Round Classic with DHS neoH2 mid hard both side. I did not know how I could get the ball over. Now I have grown fat & lazy... totally a bum.
  15. WTT Singapore Smash 2023

    Few months ago, I watched in a few of the WTT Contender series, non-CNT players emerged as champions. I was happy as I welcome diversity. I falsely thought that Non-CNT players are coming up and can pose a real challenge to the CNT dominance in the sport. This SGP Smash has once again proofed...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I took my elementary level lil'kid to meet my coach and have him start his TT journey with him over the weekend. I let him use my old Nittaku Acoustic five ply all wood. So my coach asked me over to show a U10 kid how to loop-drive proper and since I did not take my usual equipment, I used my...
  17. Donic Bluefire M1 vs Andro Hexer Powergrip

    Bluestorm Z1 vs MXP Same? Different? Help pls? Sorrg OP, I hijack your thread a little bit.
  18. WTT Singapore Smash 2023

    This point and this point alone shows us why SYS is the WR #1, the BOSS! She completely dominated her challenger.
  19. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    Friendship Provincial Blue Sponge Battle 2 FTW! Is this tacky enough for you?
Top