Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Aww Jeez Carl, You asking me to just hold my bat and do stuff to it but not play with it? That is so platonic. I don't do platonic!
  2. Using shoulders in forehand topspin?

    Shoulders??? Nooooooooo......
  3. Fastarc G-1 is great but...

    Attributes desired: 1. Thin topsheets 2. 47.5 ESN hardness scale 3. Perform slow spinny topspin / loop Donic Bluestorm Z1 conforms to desired attribute 1, 2 & 3. Below you can see Z1 in glorious & magnificent action.
  4. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    So are we getting to spectate the TT match or not? I couldn't care less about NL engineering expertise, this is a TT forum after all, and not an engineering forum. I have a PhD in using my hands to eat curry rice, dhosai & capati, but you do not see me lecturing you guys about it do you?
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    OK, will try for experiment sake, however not this week coz' I do not want to mess with my hand-feelings too much just before a tourney. Next week will perform this experiment. I have a Long V lying in my drawer collecting dust, maybe is time to bring her out for some sunlight.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    JeffM, new rubber ( if same as old one e.g., strip away old T05 and replace with a fresh sheet of T05 ) will give a huge confidence boost for me. If change to a completely different rubber; then it is a no-no.
  7. 1ST EVER International Match | TTD Team vs PingPod

    Careful with your statement. This may trigger Dan to shut down this site, give up TTD and turn full time pro and join the WTT circuit in the future. Do we wanna see this to happen?
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    1. I have not played with 40mm celluloid ball. I was not into TT at that time. Yes, like I said in my earlier post, I obtained these knowledges from interaction with veteran players be it online and offline. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Oh I see. Thanks for your clarification. It seems I do these...
  9. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    Since NL is willing to give you such a big handicap, why not accept it? Humiliate him, destroy him, annihilate him, obliterate him etc. ( I have ran out of vocabulary, sorry ) Oh! Don't forget to video it. After all this is a TT forum, we could not care less about who has engineering degree...
  10. Anybody know the exact ESN hardness for DHS 38-41?

    I've always been curious too. I've used the donic 1 series: S1, M1 and now Z1 and these are always marketed as 47.5 degree hardness. If by Tensorbackhand gueestimate, it would be around 35 degree in DHS scale and these are classified as hard in the ESN scale of things. Go figure...
  11. 1ST EVER International Match | TTD Team vs PingPod

    Congrats to Founder, Frog & Beast. The clear winners are us, the spectators! We are thoroughly entertained.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    1) You talk about the 40+ era. Did you play in the 40mm celluloid era to be able to compare? Or are you just repeating something you heard others say because they were comparing their experience now to back when the ball was 40mm celluloid? Clearly, this does not really matter. I am just...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Tonight I brought my 10mm weapon and try hitting with it. It has MXP on FH and T05 on BH. I didn't realise prior, but MXP is slightly tacky. In contrast, T05 is completely non-tacky. The 10mm of course is OK'ish in this 40mm++ ABS ball era, and I concur with SFF_Lib, 10mm is the minimum...
  14. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    NL style is more like an adult post-grad course facilitator. BB is like those professor in some very old university who lectures to a bunch of undergrads.
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    As previously mentioned, I will be playing in a small inter-club friendly this weekend.. Winning or losing for me in this competition is immaterial, either outcome I still get free curry with rice, chicken wings with hot-sauce and beer. Did I mention beer? However, on a personal development...
  16. Hinoki blade for jpen

    9mm in current 40mm++ era = meh! 10mm = just about right 10.5mm = he he he 😉, now we're talking babe! p/s I own three thickness. I am talking from personal experience.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    arrrrghh..... my pet peeves!!!! No toss serve.... hate those.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    正手向前拉. 不要向上拉.
Top