Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    As folks here know, I am under a professional coach and there are some variation of what is being taught to me with respect with what NDH's post above. As usual, there are no right or wrong answer, just different approach maybe. 1. NDH said, " Whilst the trend of closer to the table, fast...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I watched Kara's video above and I wish to share some personal observation: 1. Video of ML vs Kara: It appears that it is much easier to distinguish the Euro vs Chinese style during those years ( 2019 ) as oppose to these days. These days, CNT & Euro players are both playing a very athletic...
  3. Tenergy 05 vs. DNA Platinum M???

    don't know. Never played with Stiga DNA Platinum before. Donic that is comparable to Tenergy? Hmmmm ..... I suppose it should be Bluefire M1? M1 is loopy, high archy, bouncy, grippy, all the attribute that could have been Donic's attempt at Tenergy clone.
  4. Tenergy 05 vs. DNA Platinum M???

    No thanks. I am not into Platinum Blondie. Tenergy ( Japanese ) is my ex coz too high maintanence but now I only have eyes for German aka my Miss Donic.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have a serious question. Might be controversial, but please bear with me and help me satisfy my innate curiosity, Is it a good idea to look at these old footage of players from yesteryears other than for nostalgic / entertainment reason? During those yesteryears, the ball used were smaller...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yesterday being a Sunday, my regular club is closed. Hence I went to my old club that I had not been to for many a moons. Met an old club mate who was playing. This old club mate of mine is an elderly woman in the mid-sixties, a diminutive figure. Typical Asian auntie ( 師 奶 / See Lai /...
  7. Advice for forehand rubber

    never tried that before. I am an ESN purist. What is your feedback on this?
  8. Advice for forehand rubber

    G1 and be happy. It is a middle of the road, all-purpose all can do rubber. From there you can then decide what attribute you prefer and then branch out on your own. The three main branch are: 1. Trampoline effect / speed monster - look at ESN 2. Super grippy / spinny - look at Japanese rubber...
  9. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood upgrade

    Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive choose the seven ply version and not the five ply one. alternatively can check out the list below: https://pingsunday.com/top-10-table-tennis-blades-excellent-quality/ Tibhar Stratus Powerwood is a five ply OFF- blade. Your natural progression will be a seven ply...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Some regulars here have been advocating me to go back to a slower set-up. So, I took out my old bat and try playing with it. It is the Darker Speed 90 with Acuda S1 & Bluefire M1 on each side. No can't do. It is just not the same. Even my club-mate commented, this DS90 does not offer the same...
  11. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    I want speed, faster and faster and faster... then I found Donic Bluestorm Z1. I am now a happy lil'camper...
  12. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    BB should be censured for cultural appropriation. He is imitating Asians' stereotype of being good at maths, according to Ronny Chieng, the Asian Cultural Expert 😉 and also according to Jimmy O Yang p/s Back off BB, being good in maths is an Asian thing. Stop this cultural appropriation.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This happened during my coaching session yesterday. Prior to that I watched some video of footwork Legend: Ryu Seungmin and thereafter some YT footwork tutorial. I was pumped, I was imagining myself to be Ryu Seungmin. At the session while waiting for my session to start, I did copied footwork...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I recently switched to Donic Bluestorm Z1 from Tibhar's MXP. Now I am in love with this Z1. It is blazingly fast so fast, you can't handle the speed. You want speed? Do you really want speed? You can't handle the speed. It is blazingly fast, when I FH drive, I can see the ball shoot past my...
  15. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    We all know we sucks, however, our ego think otherwise...
  16. When is the right time to switch to tensors or hybrids?

    The time to change is NOW! Caveat: I am a ESN fanboy. 😜
  17. Horrible backhand, stiff wrist.

    Come on guys ( USDC & Jim ), Let's put this aside to quell any doubt. I am sure the OP can beat me 1,000:1, so let's just agree on that and put that aside and move on. With regards to the video, it was awesome. OP asked regarding BH and I, coincidentally have this clip with me from my previous...
  18. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    Adam does what he does for content. He runs a successful YT channel and that generate ka-ching. If what James propose can generate ka-ching, I am sure the business side of Adam will not deny it. Win or lose for Adam is secondary or even tertiary if I may add. Adam is the greatest TT show-man...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I had a wonderful CHO-LEH session yesterday evening. Although I did not win any of the higher level players in any match but I am nonetheless very happy to be able to get a set or two off them. What was different yesterday? 1. Having better than usual footwork opens up more option, attack...
Top