Search results

  1. How do you get the courage to loop a serve?

    As Nike says: Just do it. Practice makes perfect.
  2. Competition: How should I approach it?

    Looks like the thread responders are overwhelmingly in the Go Offensive opinion. OK, I will take that into consideration and try to play a fantastic game this weekend. Note to self: Gozo, most importantly is to have loads of fun, enjoy the day, enjoy the social atmosphere, video tape my play...
  3. Style choices

    Some wise words I know: No good players are slow and neither are slow players good. p/s: I recalled that you have a BTY Timo Boll ALC blade and you have mentioned you are a fan of T. Boll. Why not emulate his awesome play-style since you are already his fanboy. Just slap two Tenergy 05 on both...
  4. Competition: How should I approach it?

    Thanks Tony, The part where I bolded is a very important statement for me. I can tell with first hand knowledge it is so true. Lately I have been using a lot of it in my practice matches. This is so gonna be my go to shot at the moment. BH open up, BH to BH rally and if it comes to my FH...
  5. What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

    Hi Carl, Just saw this post of yours that was addressed to me directly. I bought R48 couple of week ago that I have glued to one of my bat but I have not play with it yet as I am do not want to mess with my equipment too much especially during competition time. I'll be able to some feedback...
  6. Competition: How should I approach it?

    It has been three years since we have any competition going, no thanks to Covid. Prior to Covid I did not take TT really seriously. It is only after this Lockdown ease that I began to be a more competitive oriented player ( or at least this is what I hope to be in the future ). So, I am totally...
  7. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I apologize as I have to remove the YT video from public view as requested by some players out of respect for their privacy. Thank you all those who gave me tips and pointers earlier. It would appear that getting footage of match play out for public viewing is more challenging than anticipated.
  8. Block like Da Boss!

    Block like Da Boss - Pro VersionBlock like Da Boss - Amateur Version 1 🤣Block like Da Boss - Amateur version 2😂
  9. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Your response is like a treasure chest full of gems and precious stones. So much valuable information for my betterment. I'll read them a few times more before my upcoming game on Saturday. BTW: Guys, if you pay close attention, there is not one, but two Walner'esque blocks down the line in my...
  10. Video Footage Safe Thread

    what is stopping you from doing both my young friend?
  11. Video Footage Safe Thread

    If I may, I wish to add on to NDH's real world comment. This is quite similar to the super-model syndrome. Teenage girls reading Vogue, Cosmopolitan, 17 etc are looking at images of supermodels that in no way represent the real world. Then they get depressed, heart-broken knowing that they will...
  12. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Love your advise Der. Will try to incorporate these new tactics into my play-book for future use, and by that I mean my coming Saturday match. If there are others who wish to give me advices which is specific to me and not for general audience, may I invite you to private message me as not to...
  13. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Thank you Der for some general pointers. To answer your question ( I bolded it for clarity ). However, before I answer it, I wish to give other reader some background narrative. I have just graduated from my coaching lessons from the preset FH & BH stroke drive and only was just introduced to...
  14. Video Footage Safe Thread

    As mentioned previously, below are some of my inter-club competition ( friendlies ) YT videos. Please be gentle with me. Video 1: I won 11-9, 11-9. I only played best of three sets because many players signed up and hence the Captains of both clubs decided to reduce the number of sets played...
  15. Country specific play style: Real or Myth?

    OK OK, let's for the sake of argument, is there something like this: Yes! That is French style for you! Or perhaps OMG! That is so so German. Or will we ever hear a commentator says something like this, " This is typical Indian style at its finest " I mean is there such distinction?
  16. Crispest Blade you have used

    Thank you Carl for the grammar correction. It is strange that my computer auto-correct function did not pick up this grammar mistake.
  17. Country specific play style: Real or Myth?

    Let's us take a look at the global TT powerhouse: On the Asia side we have: 1. China 2. Japan 3. South Korea 4. India On the European side we have 5. Germany 6. France African nations such as Egypt & Nigeria Latin Americas such as Brazil Is it possible for one to say Germany has a distinct...
  18. The Japanese yen has fallen a lot relative to the USB.

    There is always a lag time, perhaps the retailer has older stock that they had bought earlier at a higher cost? Also read below: Ferengi Acquisition Rule 161: Without competitors to threaten our position, why should we reduce price and mess up our profit? Needless to say, without an external...
  19. Durable rubbers

    Top sheet from Shanghai, sponge from Tokyo and in the land of Mordor, the Dark Lord binds them. A rubber to rule them all.
Top