Search results

  1. Confident when training, but s**t when playing

    I have said this before but let me share it again, I asked the same question to a veteran club mate once upon a time, i.e., why is it when I stroke with you I am OK, but when I play an actual match, I suxs. His answer is so obvious but it is the most truthful answer ever: He said, " Gozo, in...
  2. Frictionless Anti players

    I just watched my own video of my practice and I can see my BH is hopeless. 😥 My FH is at least has some saving grace and able to loop properly. My question is whether should I give up and place an anti spin ( looking at Butterfly Super Anti ) on it and just concentrate on improving my FH...
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Oh stop it, you had me at H3 37 degree boosted. 😍Coincidentally I had just glue a H3 37 degree boosted onto my Stiga blade this evening, ready for some action this weekend.
  4. Video Footage Safe Thread

    yadda yadda yadda... but where is the vid? Action first, talk later!
  5. Fan Zhendong joins Butterfly

    Xiao Pang Super ZLC will come in three variants, namely: 1) Maniac USD 299.00 exclude tax & shipping 2) Savage USD 349.00 exclude tax & shipping 3) God-like USD 399.00 exclude tax & shipping and 4) Legendary ( non-commercially available, by invitation only ) if you really need to ask: USD...
  6. Removing residue glue from blade?

    Me sad SOD previously. Then Me get to know Butterfly Free Chack II glue. Now me happy, residue easily removed just like those pencil eraser clump. One quick rub and it all drops off. More time to play TT.
  7. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Do not be disheartened friend. Remember they were once like you and I, some started the TT journey earlier, some later. However, we will all reach the same destination, that is six feet under someday 🤣🤣🤣
  8. Merry Christmas(new equipment 4 me)

    Five more TB ALC and you will be on par with Timo Boll himself. In a Vlog, TB himself said he has 7 blades that he uses interchangeably depending on conditions such as humidity among other things.
  9. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The chair is placed dangerously near the play area.
  10. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You surprised me Birdman,I had always presume you to be a white dude whats with the 190cm height and good written English and all. Didn't think you could be a native. Thought that you could have been a an exchange student or expat working in Beijing.
  11. Racket options

    The politically correct statement these days is a standard cookie-cutter statement, "'Kindly post the most recent video of your training / gameplay in order for fellow forumers to properly assess your skill level and hence better propose a suitable equipment more intuned with your standard of play "
  12. Help with match

    Speak for yourself, I have never played ML before. My schedule is so tight, it will be months before ML gets to play me.
  13. A nice and value for money table tennis racket under 50$

    If OP is still playing TT, judging by the common trajectory, he should have upgraded to Lin Yunju Super ZLC with Dignics 09C on FH and Dignics 05 on his BH. No I am not kidding....
  14. 729

    My state veteran (>45 y/o ) champion of 2019 uses Friendship Battle 2 on his Butterfly Cypess G-max. NB: 2020 & 2021 state championship has been cancelled due to Covid Pandemic. Friendship Battle 2, the rubber to make you the champion!
  15. Hard vs Soft rubbers

    My own logic was softer rubber = more spin. However, a veteran player in my club told me otherwise. Instead of accepting or rejecting his statement right off, I decided to check it out myself. I use a mid hard, i.e., 39 degrees DHS Skyline 2 Provincial Blue Sponge ( PBS ) on my blade unboosted (...
  16. What's the one thing you wish you new when you first started playing table tennis?

    Footwork is key to giving back a good return. No footwork = poor return. I did not know that when I first started. I only seem to remember TT's poster boy back then being the ubiquitous elderly Chinese uncle in white singlets and open-toe sandals using a penhold bat who stand close to the table...
  17. Verified User?

    This is so similar to the plot of Marvel Avengers: Civil War where on one side Iron Man et al ok to unmasking all the superheroes in Marvel Universe and on the opposing side is Spiderman et al who wishes to maintain their secret identity for obvious reason: Privacy. If theory if TTD succeed in...
  18. Custom racket - Advice

    Don't look at me coz'
  19. Custom racket - Advice

    Mine are both max thickness. However, the common school of thought is to use the max thickness on your dominant side and a slightly thinner one for your less dominant side. This thought comes about like this: assuming you are a typical FH dominant attacking player, the BH side being thinner...
  20. Custom racket - Advice

    I personally have BTY Primorac All Wood and I personally have played with both side Donic Baracuda which is available at the e-store you highlighted. This pairing is easy to play with and is very forgiving. You can be off form and still get a good return to your opponent. Learn to spin first...
Top