Search results

  1. Why single-ply hinoki not popular in plastic ball era

    Thanks friend SFF, I will keep G1 in my Keep-in-view list. I have a sheet of red G1 glued on my old Butterfly Primorac Allwood blade. I shall peel it off and stick on to this new 10mm Hinoki once I get my delivery. There is a long holiday coming up due to the Chinese Lunar New Year. All the...
  2. Ask an Expert - Scoobie Doo Sergey Tsos

    TSOS = The Sultan Of Swing - Dire Straits
  3. Slower Rubber bcs of bad technique?

    Some example of slower & more control BH rubber are: Xiom Vega Europe + Donic Baracuda + Joola Zack and Yasaka Mark V However, from my personal experience and TT journey, whether fast or slow, if you do not fix your technique first, no matter what rubber you select it will still be BAD for...
  4. Why single-ply hinoki not popular in plastic ball era

    I have used Baracuda before for my BH and FH. On paper it is a suppose to be a spin monster. However, during my first couple of lessons I was using Baracuda on my BH and I struggled with BH opening up. Then my coach said don't use Baracuda, it does not agree with me. Then I tried H3 soft and...
  5. Why single-ply hinoki not popular in plastic ball era

    Yes, Hinoki has a distinct feeling that can only be felt but hard to describe. Definitely not a hitter. I am a power - looper style close to mid distance. I am unable to do far from table.... not a young and super fit man ( close to 50 y/o ).
  6. Why single-ply hinoki not popular in plastic ball era

    Since my coach advise me to go all out 100% on my DS90 going forward, I bought a spare one ply hinoki. The brand that I will buy as a spare is a Taiwanese OEM. Two of my club mates already using it so it is a word of mouth referral purchase. This OEM is 50% cheaper than DS90. The thickness on...
  7. H301x to Ma Long 5 or 5x

    I recalled that L5 has one of the best feel / ergonomically best of all the blade I have tried on. It somehow just make you wanna loop balls.
  8. Viscaria Super ALC release!

    Clipper, how could you not have Clipper in your collection? Vote thumbs down....
  9. Ask an Expert - Scoobie Doo Sergey Tsos

    A week later..... Tsos still has not posted anything and all I see are Der's posting. This has lead me to belief that Tsos is Der's imaginary childhood friend in the similar manner as Puff the Purple Dragon. It is ok Der. We all went through similar phase. Some of us grew out of it, some ...
  10. Frustrated & Confused

    I know about this, I even do this but my success rate is low, around 10%. Hence at this point in time it does not form part of my regular arsenal yet. I hope I can be better in future. However, my coach seems to be going towards me opening up using BH rather than pivot. I am just speculating...
  11. Frustrated & Confused

    Thank you friend for your response. I do play with people of higher skill than me & get defeated regularly. They expose my weakness all the time. I am so aware of my weakness and my weakness is my BH. It suxs big time. I can, only block and push at the moment. So so so passive. During my...
  12. Frustrated & Confused

    Footworker: The most dangerous type of player there is. +3 Attack , +3 Defense, Special Attribute: Immune to Sneak Attack
  13. Frustrated & Confused

    IB66;361167 Hi Gozo, Looks like you have a good coach!! hopefully you can stick with the set up he has recommended!!! Its good that he took his time until deciding Tacky didn't suit your game play. Why thank you. As I said in a previous thread I have started some coaching sessions as well...
  14. Frustrated & Confused

    Today is my sixth lesson and something unexpected but wonderful happened. I have had this EJ disease since I started my TT journey and it has never been cured. So, since day one of my coaching lesson, I have been bringing different set-ups to play with my coach and ask for his feedback. So at...
  15. Restoring tackiness

    Here is an idea; How about buying cheap commercial grade chinese rubber ( those that cost around USD 10.00 per pc ) perhaps in bulk for some discount and change it often say monthly. Hence you will have tackiness guaranteed each and every time. So, you spend around USD 240.00 per annum. If...
  16. Ask an Expert - Scoobie Doo Sergey Tsos

    Who is Sergey? Some form of intro or curiculum-vitae would be helpful for newbies. Thanks.
  17. Viscaria Super ALC release!

    Faster and faster! Where does this leave us amateur / club level players? We feel so left out. Butterfly, not everyone who play TT or uses your product is a world class athlete. Cater to your recreational fan base too.
  18. Explanation for traditional CNT setup?

    BH has a different stroke mechanics than FH. The body is in the way and you cannot swing as big perimeter compared to FH. In other words, FH swing is long whereas BH is compact. As such, if one uses non-tensor rubber like H3 on BH, without the assistance of catapult / trampoline effect, your...
  19. Explanation for traditional CNT setup?

    Chinese Philosophy of Table Tennis Equipment · PingSunday Just read this article by ERT. It is well explained. Kudos to ERT for answering this pertinent question.
  20. Is this a backhand top or flat hit?

    BH drive or duraibo in Japlish ( Japanese - English )
Top