Search results

  1. A better forum via better moderation

    I can't say table tennis is not full of human problems like those you described, but the thread was needed to fulfill a purpose on many levels. I will lock it up for now. God permitting, I should meet up with the TTD community in Duesseldorf next month (at least those who can make it).
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    NOT IMPRESSED
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That's much broader than it had better pass my approval - it can be impressive and still not pass my approval. In this contest, I am a dictator and absolute judge, not a republican, democrat, prime minister or objectivist. So you have to hope the trick catches me in the right mood if it is...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Nah - I am the judge and dictator here so if you post any trick other than the above, you have to hope I approve it and if I don't, no complaining. If I do, good for you.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, but you ultimately turned out to be 2200+ in disguise/waiting. So it all made sense lol... PS: I think it was two ESN rubbers, not Tenergies, maybe a Hexer and something else, but maybe one of them might have been a Tenergy but I doubt it, I wasn't really into Butterfly that decade lol...
  6. At What Point is an Upgrade from D09c to Z03 Justified on BH?

    I don't really agree, the feeling is different so all the shots have to be produced with somewhat different feeling from what you are used to with other Butterfly rubbers, so the first impression is usually that they are not possible because one is trying to produce them the same way. But I...
  7. A better forum via better moderation

    I am 95% sure that Tony is doing something more productive with his time. Even as webforums are no longer what they used to be in the era of social media, this one has decent traffic and participation. I tried to get some of my connected friends to join but when I look at how Matt gets treated...
  8. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    I asked my former coach (formerly on the Swedish national team hierarchy) whether he would have fielded Ranefur over M. Karlsson (as happened in an European teams event against Romania I believe, where Ranefur, despite beating O. Ionescu earlier in a WTT match, lost to Ionescu) - he said it was...
  9. At What Point is an Upgrade from D09c to Z03 Justified on BH?

    Thats the part of Zyre 03 that is deceptive if you dont play with it. The spin is always much higher than the arc and speed communicate.
  10. A better forum via better moderation

    If my resignation is sufficient to bring Tony back, I will resign. Does that suffice as a solution to you? Or is that to win an argument?
  11. A better forum via better moderation

    @pingpongpaddy, Please refrain from discussing my character without hard evidence. Thank you. You are following the zeio trope of "moral bankruptcy" and you can see what evidence had for his claim. Can you post where you got your ideas of what Tony wants from? If you can guarantee that it...
  12. At What Point is an Upgrade from D09c to Z03 Justified on BH?

    Don't have the video, no. And yes, the theory of "equipment is too fast for you" is impervious to criticism in my experience. In the end, the game has quite a few ways to win and lose points and people pick and choose amongst things with tradeoffs, including amateurs. Btu the theory of...
  13. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    I get you, my point though (I really have to finish that article) is that very often, a player takes a streak or semi-streak to get the lead, and the other player takes his own streak to win the game. The streak that got the lead is not seriously discussed, but the streak that lost the game is...
  14. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Maybe you mean the event? Felix played the second semi.
  15. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Yes, his footwork to set up the forehand is not as aggressive. and he doesn't really pivot.
  16. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    I know one RPB player whose favorite player was Ma Lin, his backhand sidespin was very annoying to me. Not impossible to deal with but often annoying.
  17. At What Point is an Upgrade from D09c to Z03 Justified on BH?

    I just lost to a USATT1700 kid (not more than 12 years old) using Timo Boll ALC with D09c on both sides. I now realize I was the one who caused it as a USATT 1800 using Zyre. If I had used Rozena, it would not have been a contest! More seriously, no, no, no, musclepong is not having issues...
  18. At What Point is an Upgrade from D09c to Z03 Justified on BH?

    Hi @Matteones, are you coming to the TTD meetup in Duesseldorf, next month?
  19. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    You definitely are taking it a bit to the extreme, but what I like about your post is that it is definitely all relative for sure, but in this context, it might be more important than you give it credit for. Ultimately, Felix would have been a beast no matter what grip he played with...
Top