Search results

  1. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo: The Complete Amateur Guide & Review

    Yes H3N or H3 needs this to work. And indeed @navuzor thats the new trend, I wouldnt go as far as to call the new H3N hybrid but the overall market is definitely moving towards this, it's because of the new meta, less time, more speed/power, more backhand, tackiness and spin lose relevance. For...
  2. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo: The Complete Amateur Guide & Review

    Yeah this, it's the new meta as materials have evolved towards quicker exchanges/counters and more forward attacks based on power, particularly noticeable on BH :) Nowadays you sometimes even see that the one who opens (i.e. heavy backspin push) is at a disadvantage, it's fun to watch though!
  3. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo: The Complete Amateur Guide & Review

    Yeah this is clear to all of us who use chinese rubbers @navuzor, the new trend is less tackiness for more speed, manufacturers change recipes from time to time without saying it, and this is the perfect example. I think it has been like this at least for 3-4 years, but others say is longer...
  4. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Yes I have also noticed this in DHS for example, the both poles converging, interesting to see where it will go! Makes sense! Good idea :) For sure! Its one for the museum, so many nice stories together! Makes sense take good care of yourself and talk soon! :D
  5. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Ah yeah agreed, dna hybrid is like a 2/3 gear car, also happens on the DNA Hybrid H im testing now, slow, slowish, rocket haha with the XH is even more pronounced, not my kind of taste, i prefer a bit smoother transitions haha
  6. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Yep, very much agree with this @ZSQ , it's also happening to me lately, I play a guy from china, very high rating in NL and he blocks everything with his penhold, so I run left and right like an idiot and get tired. Against this kind of player placement matters much more than just raw speed, so...
  7. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Yep very much agree with with comment, it's basically always a tradeoff as we always say in this forum, no gear is perfect, it's just a choice, but I like your choice @Archosaurus (y)
  8. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Nice to be in the same sector, China AI is exploding so I'm sure is also crazy there. And I'm sure you play good, but always good to be humble, we're all just amateurs :D Interesting what you mention about inner and outer blades in China, I did not know about that, every day we all learn...
  9. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    @Tyce you mean helix hybrid or DNA hybrid? For me the one who has what you describe is helix hybrid :D
  10. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    I've started working on a rubber database of all I have tested (only things i have tested in depth goes there, i want quality and something you can trust, not yet another AI aggregated index) and some of those are in there, with their rubber type and many other characteristics ranked. I don't do...
  11. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Yes for sure, D09c has more spin than NUZN 50, even if NUZN has a lot of spin already :) I think it's the whole rubber, not just one factor of it. About tensor hybrid vs pure hybrid, it's not always the case that a pure hybrid spins more than a tensor hybrid, for example nuzn or tibhar mk have...
  12. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Yeah I think so, I suspect the Joola dynamic will be nicer than the others on FH, it's a bit more linear and harder feel like the chinese rubbers, helix feels a bit better on BH for me (but i like D09c on BH, personal taste, if you differ that's perfectly fine! :D ), they have a bit more initial...
  13. New xiom rubber: sticky hold and tension acceleration, so another hybrid?

    @hayhayc86 i've now added stickiness level and rubber type (tensor, tacky, and all 3 different hybrid types) in the database. I'm wondering what the best way is to add catapult, because now with the hybrid types you more or less know how much catapult they have (i.e. tensor hybrid is often...
  14. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Yeah but they won't as @Tyce just mentioned, it's a pity but it is what it is. That's why I'm positively surprised about the helix hybrid which comes very close to D09c (not in durability from what I have heard, but in my initial experience it's doing fine) and has the different hardnesses, will...
  15. Andro are scammers VCI vs Gauzy VCI

    I think the word scammers is way too strong here
  16. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Ah damn, like the Gewo Iconixx I recently reviewed, that's a pity but it is what it is, this is for me a reason not to buy that rubber, some people may not mind, but I'm a bit picky with grip issues, if i feel like i have lost some grip, i change, and I dont want to change every 2 months (unless...
  17. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Fully agree @neon !! Another reason why hybrids are very cool :D
  18. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Answered this above @ber but plenty yes, I like Joola Dynamic, Helix Hybrid, BlueGrip C2 (need to test J1/J2 before year ends) and also LAC boosted I liked too. From the above list, I'd choose the dynamic or the helix hybrids as my favs until now, but more coming soon as i keep testing stuff!
  19. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Yeah I don't know 1.8 Rakza Z, 7 and all many others for sure :)
  20. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Yeah for sure pure hybrid, true Chinese is fairly different than K3 :)
Top