Search results

  1. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    We can disagree on things no problem ;) For me Big Dipper V and LAC and Battle 2 after testing feel all like Chinese hybrid, LAC and Big Dipper V having more hybridness than Battle 2. And hurricane 3 is definitely a chinese traditional haha if i call that a hybrid, then i cannot call the rest...
  2. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Ah nice to hear @latej !! Nuzn 48 is indeed a great BH rubber, same as G09c, very much agree. For your friend I think you did the right thing, Nuzn 45 probably feels better to him, and the speed cap is indeed okey if he is still learning, no problem! I still have to test Chintac, I will get...
  3. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Good morning all, First post of September! And this time I'm making a simple and amateur friendly 101 guide on hybrid rubbers. I very much like them and I often get (and see them here too) questions about them, so I thought to answer those and see if other questions pop up. So in this...
  4. Tensor vs Hybrid rubbers

    Haven't tried them yet but have them at home, so I can tell you soon :) Gut feeling says that Rasanter C will be a between tensor hybrid/pure hybrid and Genextion from what I read, a bit more towards pure hybrid but dont know yet, looking forward to being surprised :) Btw, publishing now an...
  5. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    All good, then take the 8-80 37 and M2 medium and all good, for the blade, there is many options, I'd go for limba/ayous and not too expensive so if it breaks it's easy to replace (or if you end up preferring 7 ply) :)
  6. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    The yinhe 05 is pretty fast, feels a bit more outer and is KLC, so may be too much too handle even with slow rubbers, depends on a lot of factors :) Id usually not immediately recommend inner carbon to a low intermediate but if you want it for the long term, then maybe a slower inner can work...
  7. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Id love to help you but I have not tried the sanwei 75 or the Lemuria Long 5 sorry! What I can say, is that if you want a soft and flexy blade, don't go for the B2 line, none are soft and flexy :) There is this thread that says good things about the sanwei though...
  8. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    It is a hard blade indeed haha No I haven't! But will try one day :) Its on the list haha Maybe you can get a job at DHS tomorrow and tell us hahahaha thanks again for the insights! We will take MoNai's words for granted, he seems like he knows his stuff :)
  9. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Yes it seems also like the new Long 5 is fairly different from the old Long 5 according to TTGearLab Review :D Makes sense that they adapt the model over time, as the game changes. And indeed core thickness is clearly different in 2 of my blades, you can even see with the bare eye, specially SYS...
  10. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Btw, just below my blogpost summary table, I have added a note, linking to this thread, with the review of @dingyibvs explaining that he feels the hardness different than I do, which is perfectly fine, so in this way, users can take both opinions plus what others say, and hopefully that helps...
  11. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Hey @Coolsta Connor I think for me to say I'd need to go much deeper into all the aspects of your game, like I do with the personalised advise on my site, but that aside, maybe some thoughts into what you said above: - I have personally not experienced the WCQ as much harder than the L5, if...
  12. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Yeah so basic Makes sense thanks for the explanation, I guess it's one of those 'false friends' in a way :) Even if the blades comparison is not helpful for players, this was all great info on the KLC, thanks again!! Knowing Chinese certainly helps sometimes ;)
  13. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Thanks @oophyte! I dont speak Chinese so this is very helpful, explains indeed what others had said before but now with the language confirmation, much appreciated!
  14. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Thanks for this super detailed information @dingyibvs , I always enjoy when others add their personal experiences as it always makes the conversation better!! So again, thanks! <3 And I agree with you that the SYS blade is the easiest to handle for amateurs, while the WCQ and L5 are harder for...
  15. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Since I dont have a stric scientific/lab based approach to testing, its always based on feeling what I say, but I have a certain 'memory' of how inner and outer ALC feels in blades and these blades dont give me an inner ALC feeling when I go all in, but again, you are right and what I feel is...
  16. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Yes this seems to be what most people said in other places/threads but some others have mentioned that it is just ALC as DHS cannot use the term ALC, so they call it AC. Thats why I mentioned that I have not found an answer with full certainty, but I my feeling says that it does not feel the...
  17. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Yeah and in these blades is yellow so maybe is just a color die, or there is more going on, I have never been able to find a real definitive answer (in different forums) so if somebody knows for sure please tell us!
  18. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Yeah total bummer! But it is what it is, september is full of bday parties and some you cannot miss if you want to be able to play TT again hahahaha But brave of you to go ;) Dont forget to video call her when there! I ll join next one I hope, fingers crossed!! Hope to see the photos and so...
  19. Tensor vs Hybrid rubbers

    As others mentioned, the main benefit of hybrids is more gears, you can play slow on the short and passive play, and go fast when you want to, instead of going fast already from the beginning. Like a car really, fast tensors start on gear 3 and go to 6, linear hybrids start at 1 and go to 5-6...
Top