Search results

  1. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    The ML-FZD dynamic is playing out between TH-SM. The younger player is severely disadvantaged by the absence of coaching in international head to head and buoyed by it on the domestic scene. It will be interesting to see whether Sora's talent and training is enough to overcome it.
  2. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    That Miwa got "out‐physicaled" by Wang Yidi is interesting. It felt like Wang Yidi was often playing with a cheat code.
  3. A better forum via better moderation

    You posted it to the tournament thread I believe and you didn't mention zeio by name in that version. Such details matter, @mamedium , I have explained why I do what I do even if you dont agree with it. Making it sound like i deleted it because I didn't want people to see it isn't your intent...
  4. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Sora comes through. But Ranefur continues the legend. I still remember those who thought LSD has no business losong to him. National team depth is not a good thing for the great players who never get their opportunity to shine but some are patient and persistent and get their chance. Happily...
  5. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Of course it is definitely an opinion thing and for another time. That said, it ia the only time in all my years of webforuming that someone repeatedly grabs stuff from other forums and cites a lot of non-professional or uncertified opinion as of it was facts. It would be a completely...
  6. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    I know this but unfortunately, @zeio thinks otherwise and continually shares with us things that we would be better off without in the tournament threads. I am close to creating a Tieba thread.
  7. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    His playing style gives Harimoto too much time and his power level doesn't consistently bother Harimoto. Ultimately, he has to find solutions in the short game look for better pushes and counters closer to the table.
  8. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    That's good to know. It still points to the fact that their insights have no objective way of being verified as valuable sonce 1) they are being filtered by your biased perspective and 2) saying that Tomo vs Togami would go 5 games isn't particularly deep given they have a history of...
  9. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    As someone said earlier, everything in this event right now is pointing to Harinoto winning it unless Sora regains sharpness or Felix/Hugo find another gear. The Felix and Hugo matchup is the only one that I have some reservations about the favorite winning. But I still believe at the moment...
  10. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    So did they bet on this wisdom and make a lot of money? Curious.
  11. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    She is, but theee are some important differences. She can actually can do all the strokes with both sides. And the ability to flat hit with anti offensively with consistency can be pretty devastating because of how dead the ball comes off. The commitment to playing this way is admirable.
  12. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    On the women's side, it feels predictable as well though of course, thr CNT will continue to try and deploy anti-Miwa countermeasures. Wang over Peng Wang over Shi Harimoto over Chen Kuai over Hayata Good luck to anyone betting on a Hayata victory. Lots of money to be made there. In our...
  13. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    The theme on the men's side: rooting for thr underdog. In every case it would be cool for the underdog to win. But I am confident the favorite will win. Darko over Omar (the one I wish would be reversed for sure). Felix over Hugo (this can be debated for sure). Tomo over Alexis (just like in...
  14. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Europe was also relatively weak and this compounded the problem. I love Boll, but his style while leaving him the best on Europe fell apart too often arguably because of his injuries but also because of lacking imposing power. Whether it is the ball or not, the current European generation is...
  15. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    This reminds me of a compatriot of mine who keeps saying Quadri needs to retire. In his view, the upcoming juniors don't get chances because of Quadri. The idea that the upcoming juniors are simply not as good as he is despite exposure never gets serious consideration...
  16. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Remember that Ma Long and Xu Xin won the MD national title. Give that some thought and you might realize it is not entirely about style changes. While the ball does reward a different style, it's really that the pipeline quality is not there. After all, the Harimotos in principle could be...
  17. A better forum via better moderation

    Oh, let's just say that you have no clue how Carl felt about many of those things because they are not important to you.
  18. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Bobrow said that as long as any part of the ball is visible, the serve is good. I find it ridiculous, but that is the rule.
  19. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Okay - someone else may understand how that is a response to my question, but calling Dima a washed up veteran after the evidence shows he has beaten LYJ and Harimoto in the last year and then gloating over his loss is your prerogative, but I don't see the how that is karma.
  20. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    I dont think is or any one else deserves that language. You usually post long explanations of things when things ho your way and then ask for excuses like the fact a coach was not available. Dima lost, how is that Karma? You mean yhat the fact he can beat Harimoto and zlin Yun Ju and then...
Top