Search results

  1. A better forum via better moderation

    Not sure what the link relates to, but the overall point that the forum argues for language that does not defame or insult other members or players is the main thing. It is an open question whether such language should be permitted on the forum, but I accept that the rule is not consistently...
  2. A better forum via better moderation

    No, this is not a mod moving posts thread - this is a thread for people who think moderation is being done by me in a way that is immoral and makes no sense. This is a thread for @zeio and @BlopChock to raise any issues they have since they feel that it is not worth discussing over PM or with...
  3. A better forum via better moderation

    That's entirely fair - we can't agree on everything. How we disagree is often what sets the stage for what happens next.
  4. A better forum via better moderation

    Hi, @Yxoons hope you are enjoying the forum. I would prefer to move on rather than rediscuss an issue where our perspectives may vary unless they rise to a level where they interfere with the forum - my observations are that you have found your wavelength and that most of the issues are around...
  5. A better forum via better moderation

    You have reproduced all the arguments here in one post, which makes my point that there was nothing that required me to copy anything from the original thread. There is no contradiction between saying that *sometimes*, a brand may retain proprietary elements of a product which ESN cannot use in...
  6. A better forum via better moderation

    Because again, you and @BlopChock are acting like I am your help. Usually politeness and civil engagement goes a long way and if someone is going to act like I don't deserve respect, it goes both ways. I don't have to get you those posts. The posts imply no such thing, and most of the...
  7. A better forum via better moderation

    There is actually no strict requirement to maintain relevance on a thread. It is when the OP complains and even then some of it comes down to the judgment of the moderator. I mostly police tournament threads and that was because they had a history of being derailed by political arguments and...
  8. A better forum via better moderation

    As one example, you have accused me of being compromised for taking the common sense position of siding with Matt Hetherington, who is a known public figure in table tennis circles when you make lots of posts insinuating he is laying without any hard evidence of pictures and when he actually...
  9. A better forum via better moderation

    I said you would get a month for calling me "morally bankrupt". Feel free to test that. There is absolutely no reason why I should tolerate that on a regular basis. I have zero problem with people criticizing how I moderate as long as thwy are very specific about their issue, present their...
  10. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Let's not focus on Fang, I tried to downplay expectations on him once (not sure when) and got shown the door... age is not kind to footwork and forehand especially after a long absence... but maybe he can breakout if he plays feeders...
  11. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Definitely not as rude as expected lol...
  12. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Yes, but you have to know how to appeal these things.
  13. A better forum via better moderation

    You know what, I used to give a way free blades back in the day. I have an oversupply at the moment. And you have made me laugh a lot with your wisdom. You may not like the blades but it is okay. I will start a new competition soon. Rubbers is a bit different lol...
  14. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    He was roasted comprehensively in the YouTube chats lol....
  15. A better forum via better moderation

    Please post here, post away. You posted them on the wrong thread and I deleted them. In fact, I can post the private messages I have shared with you if you want me to post them. And this is the most recent post I made to you which I also repeated in PM. All I ask is that people who want to...
  16. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    "Failed to prove his worth" - it is interesting how you describe these things. In fact, his team lost Taiwan partly because Kallberg could not beat Kuo - losing to Lin Yun Ju is entirely reasonable. In any case, it is okay if you feel that there is some kind of mutual enmity between Moregardh...
  17. why dima change his blade?(Contains spoilers for the game against Truls)

    While it might be a Boll ALC, since it is listed as a custom ALC shakehand and Butterfly does make custom blades for some players, it is likely something designed for him which has a very similar handle and look to a Boll ALC. Unmarked Boll ALCs do look similar to that, but it could have subtle...
  18. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    There's a balancing act here - I honestly do not see the point in dumping a lot of posts from another forum onto this one and have said as much repeatedly, especially when the posts are from people who we have no context about. And while it is nice to know that someone on Tieba had the scoop on...
  19. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Changing topic again! He was washed up when he beat Truls but not washed up when he beat Harimoto? That's the relevant question. So in other words, *all* these players have recently lost (in 2025 /2026) to the "washed up" Ovtcharov. Isn't that the obvious point rather than the waste of...
Top