Search results

  1. My expensive and frustrating search for a forehand defensive rubber.

    The guy I play with who uses the Goriki uses T64 on FH but he doesn't seem to chop much on forehand.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So today, I noticed some old matches of Adi Sareen from about 7 years ago when he was still 1800 USATT - I think I might have been injured and out of TT then or something because when I finally started playing again, he was 2200 and I couldn't get games off him. Then I also noticed that Mendy...
  3. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    You made the statement he is quoting well after Hayata and Harimoto had experienced doubles and team triumph together. Zeio at that time was asking for Hayata to publicly address an issue that ultimately is no one's business other than the players and which by their public actions had already...
  4. Butterfly Zyre 03

    A "too long didn't read" version. Something shorter for people with attention spans the length of that of One-Punch Man.
  5. Butterfly Zyre 03

    2.5 is slightly slower and has a higher arc for how I brush. I am going to test it out at some point on both sides of my racket but I am committed to 2.7 at least through the end of this year.
  6. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    If you watched the recent podcast previewing the US Smash, they said Hayata reached out to Harimoto to clear the air and make the pairing possible.
  7. My expensive and frustrating search for a forehand defensive rubber.

    Many players chop with rubbers like Tenergy 05. It really is up to the training and your preferences (Tenergy 64 is pretty underrated). Some also prefer thin/thick but hard sponged H3, sometimes slightly boosted. Again.down to your preferences.
  8. Russian Players should not be on tour during the War.

    Yeah - that would require some engineering. May try it tomorrow if I have the time - but it is not straightforward. And ultimately, this thread is a massive experiment and may not altogether be a good thing unless it informs better future decisions - let's see how it goes.
  9. Russian Players should not be on tour during the War.

    You might be ignoring the thread starter.
  10. How much is going through your head during matches?

    95% of this is related to the training hours. The more this features in your training hours, the more it becomes automatic. That is where the skills instincts and expectations are originally built.
  11. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    Togami hasn't stepped up to that level. I also suspect that Hayata has given up on XD as a path to a medal because there are no partners at the required level. She still has to deal with China PRK, Taiwan and Korea and some of those countries might field two teams. Time can change this but WD...
  12. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    It will be a serious tax if Japan has no good XD pairings from its righty lefty combos. Makes me hope some Japanese righty can get their act together and play with Hayata or we might be stuck with the Harimoto siblings. Maybe they should try Sora-Odo as well, maybe the break from playing with...
  13. Russian Players should not be on tour during the War.

    No, it generally is not up to the people of a country who leads the country if you mean something like "they are all responsible individually for who leads their country". Even in elections, the people who voted for the loser have to live with the results of actions of those who won (Brexit)...
  14. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I think you cherrypicked the example that makes your point but I dont have time to spend on it. You picked one mode of how PEDs work, there are others that work in the exact manner I described and if that is my misunderstanding, so be it. But your claim has little to do with what I am arguing...
  15. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Table tennis rewards strength and endurance just as many sports do. It is always a dangerous thing to say something like "the benefits of doping in table tennis are not very remarkable" - the benefits of doping in any activity are not remarkable, they just make it easier to train much harder...
  16. Russian Players should not be on tour during the War.

    I am not a political expert so I don't seriously debate facts because while facts are supposed to be facts, you find that different people have different facts. What I have learned is that a lot of things called facts depend on perspective and what you are exposed to. Even on this thread...
  17. Russian Players should not be on tour during the War.

    Okay. So why do you think it is okay for Vlad to play in French League but not for WTT? I am trying to understand where you are coming from. You have said that countries fighting wars should not be allowed to play in WTT, but you have not said Israel or Iran or USA should not play in WTT. I...
  18. Russian Players should not be on tour during the War.

    Not understanding you at all. If Pro A lets Sidorenko play, they are not supporting Russia, but if WTT does, they are supporting Russia? How do the two situations support Russia differently?
  19. Russian Players should not be on tour during the War.

    So why do you think WTT is supposed to not let Russians play but Pro A should? Or maybe I am misunderstanding you?
  20. Russian Players should not be on tour during the War.

    Thanks for being direct. Why don't you think they are supporting Russia by letting Sidorenko play? What is the main difference (for you) between Sidorenko playing in French league and playing in WTT?
Top