Search results

  1. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Obviously the guy was derailed by the war. But it is obvious watching him in Fench league (and arguably rven when he won University games) that he is a top 20 player and on par with Gauzy at least, where exactly he ends up is of course a matter of improvement and matchups. The way he...
  2. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Felix Sora winner os the favorite but I give Truls a better chance of beating those guys than Sidorenko because diaryption is important against those guys. Sora is borderline unbeatable if you cannot return his serves but I think Felix has the edge there.
  3. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    While Vlad has clearly leveled up, a reminder from one of their recent meetings that he is exactly rhe kind of player that Truls can lock up if Truls is in form:
  4. Ma Long @WTTC2026: Harimoto Tomokazu is the Best Non-CNT Player.

    Even with his occasional struggles, I would add LYJ to that list as well. That said, the Tiebans know table tennis and we don't and it seems Ma Long is on their side so...
  5. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    They did *much* more than that as juniors. And they have played in Champions league this year.
  6. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Adam is very funny - he makes it sound like Shinozuka taking out Hugo was a bigger deal that Vlad taking out Harimoto.
  7. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Is there anyone bashing the ball as hard as Vlad the Sid on tour?
  8. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Lost my transmission, not sure how the score got to 3-3 so fast lol...
  9. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I completely forgot this was a best of 7.
  10. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Looks like high arcing topspin is working....
  11. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I skipped the Sun Yingsha - Chen Xingtong match for the most part - I like the ladies but I decided I would watch it if and after CXT won a game and that didn't happen.
  12. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    While Lind played Sora injured after he bear Lin Shidong if I recall correctly, Sora has never lost to Lind. It is more about the matchup especially on serve return. Compared to when he plays Want, Lind gets nothing on serve return vs Sora.
  13. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Sora had no problem with those strawberry chops and Sora rallies better than Wang. Also has better breaking deep serves. I am sure China learned a thing or two watching that match. And Anders needs to get better at straight up table tennis to deal with Sora and be more strategic with the 3rd...
  14. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Matches are about to start guys, I think we have done the service thing to death. I will try my best. Not a big deal though it will die out naturally.
  15. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    @M51 This is very much for you. Asians take their table tennis seriously lol.
  16. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Hayata, Felix, Joo, Sora, Hayata/Harimoto, Sun, Truls, Sato, Shinozuka, Lin/Huang. Really tough, but since my son was cheering for Argentina yesterday and reminded me of it every time I cheered when Cape Verde scored and Argentina won, this cannot compare to that, lol.
  17. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Regardless of whether you are right or wrong, we are still waiting on your *evidence* that the measurement precision is unreliable.
  18. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    The fact that players don't use the VAR as often to call the opponent's serve IMHO is one sign the issue has improved. Hidden serve is a tough call from where the umpire sits. But since toss angle is often a sign that the ball has ended up far away from where it was tossed, it is often a good...
  19. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Doubt is not evidence. Improving the optics is fine but i have explained why thr issue is being overblown and why rounding is not the point.
  20. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I don't think the toss height completely fixes the issues with vertical tosses. I think the angle is the right approach. The problem of course is making it workable at all levels. But I am open to trying things including your suggestions. I think the most important thing is for the players...
Top