It's all relative and this is all assuming you want to play with power/quality. My main point is that taking the ball too early can be a bad thing because it reduces the quality you can place on the ball. But if you want to hit the ball powerfully with a closed racket, the higher spin (higher...
Taking the ball early can be misleading terminology, everyone needs time to play their best shots and respond to the best shots of their opponents and since most top players take the ball at relatively low heights because their opponents keep the ball low, the goal is to be able to drive the...
You are thinking of high arc as a property of the shott. I am talking about high arc as the property of the rubber when you want to produce consistently fast and powerful shots. Most good players (again, above my pay grade) take the ball at or below let heiight and get the ball to move...
The goal is alwaus to faster and with a relatively low arc as you play better. I am speaking in terms of the property of the equipment for generating that fast and relatively low arc. Because you need both speed and safety and because power creates speed and spin creates safety, you need...
For better players above my pay grade, it is not so much about the spin to speed on high arc, but about the fact that the shorter landing point with the high arc enables you to play with more power closer to the table with confidence. The further back you play, the more valuable speed arcs...
So with innerforce blades, thr dominant problem is always non-linearity. For me I either like or hate an outer force blade. For innerforce blades, I usually like either their active or passive mode and dislike the other mode.
That's how it feels at least. Ultimately it is all tradeoffs
The more I watch the matches, I think the black is 09c on forehand and the red is Zyre on backhand. But who really knows... need to get some closeups...
There are other options, The mindset fit is important.
I would also look at Truls and Quadri as being models for a different approach, Truls might fit you more than Quadri, but Quadri is more a flat blocker and Truls more versatile but a good chop blocker. All that said, no easy or obvious...
There is always something good and something bad about every change. He said he was open to all options so I just tried to remind him of that option. Even developing control backhand is the same issue, in the end, your backhand is ultimately as dangerous as the amount of weapons you train into it.
Yeah, someone pointed out he twiddled in the last game vs Dang. I suspect it is like Franziska with the base as Zyre fiorehand, 09c backhand. But of course, it could be like Matsushima, which is 09c forehand, Zyre backhand.
Clearly I went 0-2 in predictions, overweight on pedigree and underweight on momentum. Togami and Hayata are hopefully for them both in the ascendancy. Congrats to them on a great tournament
It is really weird when someone gets an 8-4 lead and you don't say the opponent choked to give away the lead but when the opponent catches up, people attribute that to choking. The match showed every game was very tight. No one had a clear upper hand and both players were adjusting to each...
Bobrow has called Hayata the best server in the game on multiple occasions. And at that level, missing a serve is rarely if ever about just hiding.
Oh yhet 3-2, 3-5 shot was mind blowing.
I think the Champions draws and limited seeding often create tough matchups at premature stages before some players are ready to bring their full intensity. So I don't see it quite the same as beating ZYL in the semis or final of a Contender/Smash. Just my opinion of course.
I think the days of Gauzy beating Hugo are over. Togami vs Qiu for me is for Qiu because Qiu will frustrate Togamj. Calderano vs Qiu depends on whether I trust the German analytics machine over Hugo athleticism and I do, so at least we agree on the favorite.
On the women's side, Hayata was...