Search results

  1. TT11 Blind Rubber Test

    Sergei claimed to he prefers ESN in the video or tends to review ESN rubbers more favorably on average so that is interesting, lol.
  2. TT11 Blind Rubber Test

    It sounds like one of those opinions that physics lovers claim to have and based on nothing but the fact they think they know physics and it gives them a right to say they understand things they really don't. I mean it is okay for someone to claim that a 2000 level player shouldn't be using...
  3. TT11 Blind Rubber Test

    So how does that distinguish the rubber from any modern high level rubber being used today? You might think you arr se saying something insightful about Zyre, but for it to be insightful, the experimental context might be more important than you appreciate.
  4. TT11 Blind Rubber Test

    This happens to players at all levels so it is not specific to you. The next step is whether you are willing to play with it for long enough to figure out adaptive mechanisms or you just decide yhat that was enough to know the costs outright any benefits and it is not for you. I tried to...
  5. TT11 Blind Rubber Test

    Haha. And Hurricane? And Dignics 09c and Tenergy 05? Everyone has opinions. They are cheap to have until you actually have to test them. If using a slower balde than usual $)for you with Zyre 03 makes you a lower level player, then you just described Kana Jha, Lin Yun Ju, and Joao Geraldo...
  6. TT11 Blind Rubber Test

    True. They are all mostly Hurricane and ESN users. And yes, they should present their usual setup for contrast in these reviews.
  7. TT11 Blind Rubber Test

    You need to play with Zyre 03 a bit in my experience and make some adaptations if you see spin a certain way especially if your focus is attacking backspin. If your focus is countering topspin, then the rubber tends to need little adjustment.
  8. TT11 Blind Rubber Test

    The pro felt the potential and the defender felt the ease of counterlooping, but i think that without match play, some of their observations leave a bit to be desired.
  9. TT11 Blind Rubber Test

    Haha, I don't exist?
  10. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    The point here that Archo made (entertainment activities generally tend to make less than professional services or manufacturing leadership for the vast majority of reasonably vs exceptionally talented individuals ) doesn't need a body vs mind argument to make it. Truck drivers are supporting...
  11. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    Since a lot of you are not familiar with @the-don , let me warn those of you debating with his claims in good faith that you might not get closer to the result that you are looking for and not because of any serious flaws in how you represent your claims.
  12. What do professional table tennis players eat?

    You must be watching a very different professional sport. There is no top 50 male player with anything close to a pot belly. Even the overweight ones carry too much muscle more than being fat.
  13. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    He didn't finish Uda so there is still learning to do. More seriously, this trials had some interesting results and has shaken the team up a bit. Who gets selected is going to be interesting.
  14. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Really... I thought Kawakami knew how to counter lefties...
  15. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Would like some video of that Shinozuka match. Either Kawakami wins the whole thing or Shinozuka just isn’t as stable as his form sometimes suggests.
  16. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    In my experience, table tennis is not that kind of sport. But in the absence of hard data, you are free to use your experience, I will stick with mine.
  17. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    But many of the people who have the ability to become good TT players also have the ability to become decent, sometimes even very good lawyers, doctors or college graduates. That's the balancing act. Something similar happens with chess, it would be one thing if chess was the only thing those...
  18. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    An unaccomplished lawyer or doctor can pay his bills. A unaccomplished TT player, well that is debatable.
  19. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    I don't diaagree with you, I am just pointing out largely that these are philosophical discussions with many valid perspectives. Sometimes, you get good enough to beat many players but not good enough to be #1. In sports where only #1 gets the respect that one needs to make money and when one...
  20. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    Ah okay. The idea of whether it is worth spending a lot of your time doing something that doesnt pay the bills or yield huge achievements is an important one. You seem to dismiss it as not being a sign that someone doesn't enjoy something.
Top