Search results

  1. I designed a table-tennis dice and card game — Table Tennis Shot Builder®

    I'm not sure I ever would have thought to turn TT into a card game, but I would definitely give it a shot. I do think the naming could use work... "Table Tennis Shot Builder" sounds more like a phone app than a quick, family-friendly card game. It doesn't sound evocative or, frankly, fun. It...
  2. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    I didn't know you could buy this! I need this now for the essential oil diffuser in my car... This thread is full of discoveries.
  3. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Tbh I agree. Even at 39° it's still pretty solid. But it does feel more lively than unboosted H3 OS at 39D.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Didn't know where else to put this but I didn't think it deserved its own thread. First time gluing LP and I think it turned out pretty well! It's not for me (so not an EJ purchase!), but I'm definitely curious... :p
  5. Chondromalacia Patella (Knee Pain) – Experience from TT players

    Speaking from my own experience, yes — less lateral footwork (especially on my club's hardwood floors) was needed for a while while I went through therapy. Even heavy loops and drives where you're putting load on your dominant leg I had to hold off on for a couple of weeks during the worst of...
  6. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    BDV literally says "Max Tense" and "tensor effect" on the package. True, it feels closer to an older tensor e.g. Rakza, but it is indeed a hybrid.
  7. FH issue: i dun wanna smash no moar, i wanna spin moar. help!

    Three pages of Gozo talking about "no more bomba" and "spin more" and now he's showing off pictures of R7? Not a single word in worship of Butterfly? I think our old Unker G has been taken out and replaced by a lizard man... 😥
  8. FH issue: i dun wanna smash no moar, i wanna spin moar. help!

    Agreed. Gotta get those knees involved to adjust to the height of the ball. @gozo Toward the end of the second video you actually start getting lower and it looks better, and your foot movement is better. I wonder if your flat-hit habit is in part due to standing too straight. Another thing I...
  9. Andro NUZN50 as faster alternative of Fastarc G-1?

    DHS Gold Arc 8 is very similar to G-1. I don't feel like the 47.5d version is any more powerful, but the 50d might, as an alternative option if the hybrid nature of NUZN doesn't work for you. But if you didn't like Glayzer, either...we're running out of linear, non-bouncy, and non-hard-Chinese...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    AGTTA usually, though I've also popped in to ECTT a few times.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Sounds like a great intermediate setup! I'm familiar with the rubbers but I'd love to test drive it a little bit in Düsseldorf to see how the IFL ALC plays, if you're not opposed. On a separate note, I started with a new coach yesterday. I put it off for too long out of loyalty to my first...
  12. Andro NUZN50 as faster alternative of Fastarc G-1?

    That's a lot of tradeoffs to consider. Everybody has their preferences, but defenders like Hashimoto, Filus, and Sato all use hard rubbers on defensive blades, so the blade isn't really the problem. They are professionals, though, to be fair. If G-1 Max was too mushy and slow, and a harder...
  13. New FZD ALC Borussia Edition

    No no it's FZD Borussia Edition with regular FZD ALC handle
  14. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    I have a newer one; I just measured and it's 157x150.
  15. Classic Matches

    Man, listen to that crowd! ❤️ That's something I feel is missing from modern TT except in a few rare instances. Maybe it was just that matchup, but the video (and crowd shots) really make it feel like TT used to get people more excited.
  16. Tournament lack of identity

    I agree wholeheartedly. The staging makes every event feel big, but in doing so also makes it samey. I love the Olympics for this reason - it's recognizably different even if there's less production around the event itself. The pageantry of the Olympics alone makes it memorable. WTT is more of a...
  17. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    What a bummer! Doesn't she know TTD at Borussia-Düsseldorf is a #BigDeal?? Mother-in-laws have a birthday every year! Heck, my own mother's birthday is happening while I'm in Germany :LOL:
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Tenergy is ~47.5 ESN and Glayzer is harder, about 50. Rozena is ~45. I would say that they all play softer than their actual numbers. Glayzer is perfectly playable on BH but I did find it harder to engage, as expected. The jump in hardness from Moon Speed S to Glayzer would be pretty...
  19. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    @victormanriquey So you're gonna bring all 4 to Düsseldorf for folks to try out, right? 😄
  20. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Great stuff as always! One thing I didn't see mentioned (unless I overlooked it) - did you use the same rubbers on all 4 blades to reduce variables?
Top