Search results

  1. Never seen this before

    Yes, it's legal to leave the gap. Not very comfortable in my experience (if you're playing shakehand) but otherwise fine. That layer under the old sponge is weird, though. Best guess is something to do with how they glued it; premades aren't usually meant to be disassembled. See where the glue...
  2. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    This entire thread:
  3. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    I want to preface this by saying I'm not trying to discredit your personal knowledge or profession, but you appear to be basing your argument here--not that it  is limba, but that it could be limba--on a handful of sources scattered across Revspin and the occasional seller... What gives users on...
  4. Idea of a new technique - hitting with your hand

    Despite the low mass, there's still quite a bit of energy on the ball especially closer to the table where a "shot" like this would be most effective. I've suffered more than a few welts from hitting--or being hit by--the ball with parts of my hand on accident; I can't imagine doing it...
  5. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    Not to put too fine a point on it (or continue getting off-track), but I don't see any reference to the patent being for the Timo Boll ALC; in fact, it reads as a fairly generic "how to make a lighter racket using thin layers of wood and polyarylate material". I'm not familiar with the Japanese...
  6. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Won my first "tournament" yesterday. A few years ago my company started holding an annual ping-pong tournament. It's just rec players so probably ~U1000, with most folks being sub-500, but the guys at the top are real competitive. I made it to the finals the first year and lost to a tennis...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Even if it wasn't to your standards, it reads obviously as flames so it's a cool, unique design!
  9. Cheap Chinese Gear

    I put T88-iii on a Fextra 5 for a beginner friend and it's good enough that I can play with it and controllable enough that he can. Plus at both sheets (1 red and 1 black) for $10, you can't beat the cost.
  10. Inner / outer carbon hybrid blades?

    Awesome work! I had no idea those other versions existed or I would have tried them instead of the 11s. That said, the 11s (in addition to turns with the Donic Waldner WC 89 and my old old Butterfly VSG-4000) taught me that I seem to like spruce, at least on the FH. Still, if this method works...
  11. Everything about Receiving - Share your Tips and Tricks

    It's a bit of a cop-out answer, but what has worked for me is simply having a coach with a seemingly bottomless collection of serves, and making sure to include receive practice in every session. I imagine not all coaches have as wide of a repertoire, but mine can serve basically any style, any...
  12. Form is simply a means of consistency (a physics based approach)

    I think you're hitting at the crux of the game mechanics but the calculations (even if mental, and not actually mathematical) are way too complex for most folks. There's also the effect rubber has on these calculations, which can't be ignored. That said for people who think in math/physics terms...
  13. Cheap Intermediate player paddle setup recommendations

    FWIW I did put a sheet of AK47 Blue at Wakibatty's recommendation on my friend's single-ply cypress Jpen and it plays pretty well.
  14. Cheap Intermediate player paddle setup recommendations

    I've seen a lot of people speak positively about AK47 but I personally hated it (Red, the ~47° version), and I tried it on 4 very different blades. It always felt fast (which could be a plus) but with poor control and low spin levels. Not sure if I got bad sheets or what, but I figured it's...
  15. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I was hoping for a decider, but that match was exciting regardless! I hope we see more of Sidorenko in the future, he's fun to watch.
  16. Inner / outer carbon hybrid blades?

    Haha, I left myself a note and then forgot. I still use it as my primary blade, which I didn't expect. It was an experiment that has worked out well. The handle is thinner than I like but I added a grip. Mine is 91g but feels lighter. Despite the smaller handle it isn't too head-heavy. The two...
  17. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I'm starting to believe Sidorenko could be a dark horse to win this whole thing. No one has managed to make him look uncomfortable yet. That said, Truls is a master at making people uncomfortable, Felix can handle speed and power, and Sora might be the only one left playing with more power...
  18. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Low-key PO'd, and not about the interrupted stream. For all Bobrow's talk about 3-hour matches, the expedite rule is BS. It forces the defender to change their style of play for at least 50% of every game; while the attacker just needs to continue to be aggressive. I don't think there's a doubt...
Top