Search results

  1. Post your latest EJ purchase

    I've used Glayzer on a 5-ply (limba-spruce-ayous), an inner KLC with limba surface, and an inner PLC with spruce surface. Surprisingly it felt the deadest on the inner KLC + limba blade. It played decently well on the 5-ply but needed full commitment on each stroke to get the ball over the net...
  2. Post your latest EJ purchase

    A couple of rubbers I've had in my "might as well try" list for a little while. I liked the original Big Dipper but I've been wary of BDV because I've heard it's not as spinny as the original, and I loved the spin quality on the OG. But it was on sale and going on a backup blade anyway, so why...
  3. At What Point is an Upgrade from D09c to Z03 Justified on BH?

    I think the idea of a "forgiving" rubber is all relative anyway. Compared to T05 or Dignics? Yeah, Rozena is more forgiving. And yet I overshot the table/blocked long more with Rozena than any other BH rubber I've used not named Tenergy or D05. It was fairly safe as a FH rubber, but on BH the...
  4. Inner carbon blades?

    I didn't know about this one. I played with their Hinoki ZL Carbon for a little bit but it felt very fast and hard to control, and didn't loop well. An inner ALC with hinoki outers interests me greatly.
  5. Inner carbon blades?

    Yinhe Pro 05 is ~$50, but it's also still pretty fast. It does have more feeling than outer blades, though.
  6. Europe Smash 2026, Malmö, 8/8-16

    You're not alone. It's fun to play but for some reason I can't get into watching it. But I also feel that way about baseball as a whole lol.
  7. A better forum via better moderation

    In the interest of "easy wins", this is targeted more narrowly at a couple of specific incidents that seem to have incited the moderator actions rather than a debate on the (de)merits of those actions: For the sake of transparency, how about a new forum rule that restricts political...
  8. A better forum via better moderation

    I'm reminded of another proverb...
  9. Chondromalacia Patella (Knee Pain) – Experience from TT players

    I can—at least anecdotally—back up what @Sherpa says. I started having patellar ligament pain after every training session, to the point where I'd come home and have difficulty climbing the stairs in my house. I always thought I had strong legs, so I chalked it up to just getting older. Patellar...
  10. Victas: Xegna and Xegna Spin offensive rubbers

    My reading is the same as yours, but I think it's a semantic debate at least partially tied to English being used as a common second language. It's certainly not worth any amount of heated argument over, but it helps to have a common understanding of certain words that are repeatedly used in the...
  11. Yinhe Big Dipper 5 Review: A Budget No-Boost Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo with Some Tradeoffs

    I have a BDV 39° on the way so maybe I can add a little insight there soon. Going from BDV 39° to Moon 12 Blue M- is a huge drop in hardness, it probably felt like mashed potatoes! M- is very controlled and decently spinny but not particularly fast. A very all-round rubber. 8-80 feels similar...
  12. WTT Champions Yokohama 2026, Yokohama, 8/4-9

    Likely a Whoop or Visible fitness tracker. Whoop is marketed toward athletes so that would be my guess.
  13. Can I Survive Training Like a Pro For 24 Hours!

    Getting an early start on training for the TTD tournament next month, eh? 😄
  14. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    By my measurements, the handle on the HAL is 26.2mm at its narrowest (horizontally), and about 22.5mm back-to-front thickness. I've found I prefer closer to 27mm at the narrow point, and 22.5-23mm thick. From JOOLA I've only ever played with the Rossi Emotion, which I needed to add a grip to...
  15. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    Ohh, that's tempting. My biggest (only, really) complaint about the HAL was the handle... I do worry about the head-heaviness, though, as I also tend to play close to the table.
  16. Major League Table Tennis (MLTT)

    They would schedule this for the one weekend I'm out of town... 😭 Granted, I'll be in Düsseldorf instead, but I was really looking forward to watching Aruna in person.
  17. What is hardest sponge Chinese's rubber.

    I just glue sheet rock to my paddle. I think it's a little softer. 🙃
  18. Wood grain orientation impacts on play?

    This. Regardless of the level of impact on how the blade plays, I would be contacting Stiga for a replacement. That level of (poor) QC in a premium blade is unacceptable.
  19. Blades you wish were available in other color combinations

    I think it needs to be the right shade of green, and the rubber color does make a difference. I'd agree that red and green clash, although even the new Joola HC Ary-X is subtle enough that a red rubber isn't obnoxious. What gets me is that so many blades from different manufacturers share the...
  20. Blades you wish were available in other color combinations

    That first navy + gold combination is really nice. From what I understand it's harder to impart certain colors on the fineline, but it's fun to imagine. It seems like dark blues are fairly common but black is not as much; black and green or black and gold (not yellow) would be my go-to...
Top