Search results

  1. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    It's a team match, you have to win the team match. For a doubles match, the thrust is largely the same. I could probably have listed Kuai Man, or Chen Xingtong, but the point remains that everyone is chasing China. Remember that when I wrote that, even Kihara had already beat Wang Yidi, so...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You tried to fix what wasn't broken. So you broke what wasn't fixing.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You went full tournament EJ during a single elimination. Never go full tournament EJ during a single elimination unless your prior blade has you playing like you just feel lucky - then you can be sure you would have lost no matter what you used lol.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Ever heard the story of the scorpion and the frog....
  5. Thread about Japanese Players

    Nah, T-league matches are meaningless so there is no precedent, this is really a special transformation of Rin Mende beating a player like Nagasaki who made the Asian Cup Quarters. Nagasaki was just testing stuff in league and played for real this time. ;);)
  6. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    So what did i predict that I should hold myself accountable for? You are going to claim i said something i never did like last time? You keep making up.stuff because no one has the patience to read your posts. If you can find me ever saying that Nagasaki could never defeat Wang Yidi feel...
  7. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    That he is a good player and he needs to get a better backhand to have stable results? He is behind Harimoto, Matsushima, Togami and Shinozuka on the team order? Nothing ground breaking or inconsistent with his performance here. If he started consistently beating any of those guys, then I...
  8. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Finals were kind of anticlimactic - congrats to Uda and Mende... hopefully they won't have to warm the bench in London and will be fielded as appropriate.
  9. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Some of these Kawakami counterloops are like fairy tales... you dream of them but they are not supposed to be real...
  10. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    I don't pretend to speak Chinese. I just try to hold people accountable for being imprecise about their predictions when they tend to remember only their moderate successes and forget their absolute failures. I make modest predictions like any smart person would. But unless I place a lot of...
  11. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    I was going to predict you would do this, but since you were asking for Kihara and Nagasaki to go to LA, I thought my point was obvious.
  12. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    So who is playing Uda in the final? Tanaka or Kawakami?
  13. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    The unheralded made it. Maybe Hirano was on to something not playing at all after Chennai (yes, I know she couldn't make it for travel reasons,, but maybe Nagasaki and Kihara might have used the rest?) The JNT is incredibly deep, everyone is wearing crosshairs.
  14. Thread about Japanese Players

    I stand corrected. In breaking news, water causes wetness...
  15. Thread about Japanese Players

    Golden point was also a feature of the Russian league where Dima and Mizutani were for a while before the War made it taboo to play in Russia and Belarus. Obviously, it can tilt the result of a close match in favor of the worse player so a better player will not like it. Water is wet.
  16. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Different stage though. For this to have equivalent impact (and this is quite possible), Kawakami would need to win the event.
  17. Thread about Japanese Players

    Hmm....that is interesting.... Harimoto would not have complained had he not cared about his league results. Neither would Sora. In any case, your lack of nuance in interpreting these statements is obvious. The original context was to argue that Miu (a league MVP in some years) could lose to...
  18. STIGA New cybershape: CYBERSHAPE WAVY

    They are definitely upgrades in speed, and for the Harimoto, they definitely help.
  19. Backhand modern weight transfer technique: loading on dominant leg. What do you think or prefer?

    I can't take offense because i have seen you play. So I know where you are coming from.
Top