Search results

  1. Butterfly Zyre 03

    Finally found my Blade for Zyre 03. Going to use the Harimoto SZLC for the foreseeable future. Finally found a blade that I can slow spin with arc and confidence with Zyre. Just have to master and replicate the technique.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Oh I know what you mean. And I used heavier blades when I was younger and even up until 2024. Then three things happened. I tested Garaydia ALCs that happened to be 83g. Then I went from D05 and Chinese rubbers to D80. My results were not impacted and my swings got decently faster with the...
  3. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    If Kao used ESN before switching to Andro, he would have been fine. But some players get used to Butterfly rubbers and then struggle to find equivalents. But it will be difficult to argue that if Hugo loved J&H C55, Joola can't work with ESN to make something like it.
  4. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    And it will make Joola "all the money"....
  5. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    Yeah, maybe he likes the handle of Trinity - I do as well.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    True, but what that means for the ball quality and your recovery is harder to know... trying to use slow blades to bully players who block well often doesn't end well...
  7. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    That looks like the Vyzaryz Trinity and that blade is way too fast and stiff vs what Hugo was using, though it is a reasonably popular blade for limba lovers (I have two which I used when I played Golden Tango on both sides). I suspect he is just testing stuff in the Joola lineup and making...
  8. Butterfly Zyre 03

    Did you try regluing the sheet?
  9. Butterfly Zyre 03

    Everyone loops the ball and wears sheets differently, a rubber that can last one month with a player may be good for another player. Your main point that for objectivity he needs to perform a similar test with Dignics does stand. The wear and tear with Dignics is very visible vs Zyre. But...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Usually slow spinny loops get their effect from angle of incidence so I think Spinsifght should have a spin-speed ratio feature that captures the angle of incidence better so players can use it to measure the dipping effect of the loop. Measuring the pure rps doesn't capture this dipping effect.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The problem is that i max out using blades at 85g in extreme cases 87g. I just don't like dealing with weight issues after all the stuff I have gone through. But yes, I have heard (and know from experience) that heavier blades carry more heft for driving and looping the ball. But I also got...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I am still trying and running Zyre experiments. I played with someone who convinced me to give up on Zyre but upon reflection, I still hadn't slowed down the blade. I traveled to Nigeria, and while I didn't play much, I did better with Zyre on a blade is designed from Nexy...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Unless you are broke, if you want to play with hard rubbers like C55, just do the Butterfly versions and call it a day. C55 is a really demanding rubber to play witb when you don't have a lot of experience swinging fast at a lot of balls. D09c has many many more gears and even if it is also...
  14. I just created a Youtube channel on my journey to pro!

    His backhand doesn't use his core correctly quite like his forehand does so it is still underpowered except on some big swings. Also some racket positioning issues. But these things can be worked out with the right coaching, and he has strong coaches around him.
  15. Marty Supreme table tennis film

    Was Marty Reisman like this pr was this just for the movie? Your reaction is a common one, especially for pepple who dislike the movie despite finding it technically competent.
  16. Modern high arc/throw tensor or hybrid rubbers

    Good luck. You must really like something about the Omega 8 to stick with it.
  17. Modern high arc/throw tensor or hybrid rubbers

    I suspect it is both the blade and the rubber. In any case, focus on results, not throw. The modern take on G1 is probably MX-P though it has issue. I would personally just try G1 first and go from there.
  18. Butterfly Zyre 03

    Part of the problem with MX-P is that it uses a short action high performance booster to enhance performance (you can tell from the smell). This doesn't matter over periods less than a month. But more than a month, you will inevitably have performance issues if you are relying on the best...
Top