Search results

  1. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    He is wearing Xiom shirts though. The easiest thing to change is still unchanged.
  2. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    It's a competitive process. It's not just about one match or her results, the results of her teammates also matter. The match was ugly, but without knowing what the goals were and whether she was trying to implement something that didn't work, all we can do is watch the process. It's still...
  3. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Looks like TTD is jinxing the session 2 players lol....
  4. Is it okay to let anger out?

    No, it's not. Usually angry behavior that leads to hitting things or screaming at people gets a warning/yellow card. There are ways to express anger that don't get to that threshold but in general, remaining under control is a good thing, you don't want to go the way of Anders Lind or Felix...
  5. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Liang doesn't look sharp. I don't know why the commentators feel the need to hype things up rather than represent Liang's lack of sharpness with honesty. The tournament format also didn't do Liang any favors. But I guess this is WTT excitement... On to Odo-Hashimoto!
  6. Ant V Olympic Table Tennis Player - Worth a Watch

    One of the many funny parts of the video. One of the best ads for table tennis as exercise ever lol.
  7. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    This is the forehand topspin you say was played with all arm and no body? https://www.facebook.com/ETTUofficial/videos/truls-moregardh-multiball-training/452986515472743/
  8. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    I really like your post. Your 20-30 is way too high. I will make another along the same lines. I have a coach friend who makes fun of Truls backhand technique. I used to laugh with him too until about a year ago. I concluded that Truls had improved his backhand opener and rally topspin so...
  9. Zyre 03

    Reply to review by 'NextLevel' on item 'Zyre 03'

    Your review is interesting because it ends up at an interesting place. I would like to add a comment - I realized later that unlike most traditional rubbers where I feel the spin in the handle, for Zyre 03, I feel the spin in the topsheet or so to speak so when I try to hold the ball, I...
  10. Is there a subjectively perfect weight to every blade?

    I have tried setups as light as 170g as heavy as 216g. Nowadays, with my arthritis issues , I consistently go for blades weighing 83‐86g and aim to have the whole setup under 190g though that depends on rubber weight and blade head size. I find for me that being comfortable i don't have to...
  11. Forums and freedom, and being capable of self criticism

    Thread locked given recent posts. Posts moderated. Guys, until major developments occur, let us put this away.
  12. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Its all 3 games matches in each matchup (XD, WS, MS, MD, WD) but only the team scores count. First team to win 8 games wins the match.
  13. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    Great video and very insightful as well as entertaining. Thanks for sharing.
  14. Forums and freedom, and being capable of self criticism

    @NetProphet: I have broadly championed is respectful language towards all TT personalities and Tony qualifies, even as much as I disagree with his decision - he was not guilty of anything heinous, and some (in fact many have) would argue that his pride was defensible. Let's please keep it...
  15. Offtopic - Car you'd buy for your family and team

    I still find my 1996 Toyota Camry to be the favorite car I ever owned in terms of how I felt driving it, even more than the later "luxury" ones or newer models.
  16. We Challenged the UNDER 15 WORLD CHAMPION!

    Team Spinsight, As you may or may not know, I have already ordered your product earlier this month and will do what I can to test and execute on it. Since I am not as fearful of being derided as some for my bad technique, I might actually post my completely unsolicited video early next year...
  17. Forums and freedom, and being capable of self criticism

    Having a genuine, well informed connection to the pro game is valuable to people, but for me, I have mostly hung around in TT circles for the community. Whether it is the players, the friends, the tournaments, the community for me is by far the most important thing. I suspect most of the...
  18. Butterfly Zyre 03

    Which Dang Qiu comments are you referring to, you mean the Kanak interview?
  19. Forums and freedom, and being capable of self criticism

    I miss Tony (definitely *all* of his apolitical posting). I would like him back. Since he might be discussing with people other than myself, I think unhappy members should be patient. But for me, if we spoke, I know what I would say and I understand why if he doesn't want to speak. But as...
  20. Butterfly Zyre 03

    I read his statement differently from you, his point is that Zyre is getting pros good results, so it is a good rubber just from that perspective. If the Andro rubber using the same tech also got its users good results, then it would be popular as well. And NUZN is getting pros good results...
Top