Search results

  1. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Please share your comments on the tournament. Thank you. You are free to engage with the tournament as you please but let's keep the focus on the tournament.
  2. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Tiago Tiago, sometimes you open the door, but you are not the one who walks through jt. Congrats to Berzosa of Spain.
  3. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Hana comes through in the match of the tournament so far...
  4. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    You might hear me somewhere more local. Stay tuned.
  5. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    The Romanian crowd is really showing up for Buanca... loud instruments, cheering her by name... large audience or not, these events are just different in TT countries.
  6. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Baby Hugo wins, Otalvaro figures out the defender and wins 4-2. Impressive. I thought the no spin chops were getting to him but he figured out how get balls he could read. I guess the big teams will have to figure something out against him...
  7. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Is it too early for Ruibo Wen to invite Tiago Abiodun to Thanksgiving Dinner?
  8. What’s Better: Playing Hard or Playing Smart?

    Yes. Tactics are based on the ability of both players. Playing "smarter" is really about trying to matchup your strengths with your opponents weaknesses. This might require you to play harder to be smarter. Some players are too strong against slow tempo smart play.
  9. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Looks like Otalvaro has been given Kryptonite...
  10. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Can baby Hugo (Otalvaro) beat a chopper (Hiratsuka)? Lots of great matches on tap today. So far no major upsets, Kulapassr is a major talent.
  11. What’s Better: Playing Hard or Playing Smart?

    No I don't think on the internet you will get that placement and smarts beat power and I suspect you wouldn't get it in real life either, though if you did and I was wrong, the obvious explanation is that for most people saying that, quality is already at a high baseline at their level. It is...
  12. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf II 2025 Nov 24-27

    The men's final was fascinating, it is a reminder of the quality of player struggling to make the national team in France. You could also say something similar about Akae and Japan.
  13. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Can Nandan beat Faraji? I think at the youth levels upsets are more common but a lot will depend on mutual serve return. But Faraji is the favorite and has by far the more impressive results by almost any measure.
  14. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Let's continue this on another thread at another time which I will create out of this one. All me to enjoy the glorious victory of a boy who could have played for Nigeria if the country had better leadership. He beat an amazing player you agree?
  15. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Tiago eliminates Kuo. Tiago is the son of Nigerian former international Bode Abiodun. Bode was a Great athlete even if not always technically sound. Beat Quadri and Pitchford in big matches. So Tiago has high pedigree. He has beaten Kiril in TTBL but has the growing pains of the young.
  16. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    I believe Ilzuka is a defending bronze medalist.
  17. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I have added you and @Ghostzen to the approved posters/commenters list, the goal of the thread is to create a place where people who have put in the work and who have posted or shared video with moderators can comment kindly on the videos of others. Its not fun to get lots of comments from...
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You're more than qualified unless you don'twant to for misgivings about the thread design. I can fix that. Would appreciate any input you havw on anything.
  19. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    @Tony's Table Tennis , consider the possibility that just as you and I have a very specific history, @TTTT and I also have a specific history. I think most people fail to realize that contentious interactions between specific users are not why web boards have issues unless these issues dominate...
  20. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    My apologies, I didnt know that Ilzuka was a special case. And yes I do care about players being treated respectfully not juat young ones, I think if people are maliciously misspelling their names or accidentally doing so and this is hurting the player, that is an issue. I juat have never...
Top