Search results

  1. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    100%. I think the Japanese national championships if they go like last year will be the final alarm bells.
  2. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Lots of players are using Zyre on at least one side, some cases 2. We aren't blaming Zyre for their performances. But i agree with you on the *possibility*, after all some pros switched back. But given that the players he has has lost to have been good players, often RPB players (lol), i...
  3. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Is it really Zyre though? But he can always go back to D05 but his commercial blade is relatively slow, that's his style and no one's fault. I do hope in the short off-season they can figure some things out including rest.
  4. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Japan went 0-6 in games Harimoto played. How can there be any other culprit on the team? The only other candidate was crowd pressure. It was obvious Japan did not play their best team against France. Obvious that Harimoto is not on their best mixed team at the moment. In a sense, these past...
  5. Andy Fastow - former CFO of Enron

    That would be an interesting functionality. Will propose it and see how it goes. It might already be avaliable, sometimes all these forum software comes with bells and whistles that no one ever learns about.
  6. Rating progress evaluation

    One has to have a feel for the national level this indicates and the typical progress at that national level to know. Sometimes percentile ranking is easier to translate across countries. Even if you have played racket sports before, your improvement is up to you yo figure out and accept. I...
  7. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    The match was meaningless but he hasn't played well since Asian Teams. Not sure what is driving it.
  8. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    I think knowing they had qualified, the match on the whole was given that focus. I am sure it would have been an issue if they absolutely had to win.
  9. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    They are professionals, they can handle it in a fairly meaningless match. They had already secured the #2 spot.
  10. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    So who is the villain for Japan, Harimoto or the crowd?
  11. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Up to the Japanese women to see if they can fix thus. Competing with both the crowd and the world's best doubles team was too much for the men. Omigod, this final game is like a movie lol...
  12. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    They must be resting Togami and Matsushima for tomorrow, this pairing is capable but makes little sense.
  13. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Harimoyo terribly affected, that wasn't a match.
  14. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    I think that should be easy to facilitate in some cases. That said, the thread doses support live watching, we can't hold people too accountable for spoiling a live event, it's probably best to stay off yhr thread if you want no insight into the results.
  15. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    I thought Hana and Ivor had fubared it but they managed to right the ship. 2-1 Croatia after the XD. Hopefully the early matches can finish and give way to the heavyweight clashes.
  16. Andy Fastow - former CFO of Enron

    Yeah, I picked a really unpopular topic. Will stick to equipment junkie posts.
  17. Andy Fastow - former CFO of Enron

    I don't think learning about ethics would have stopped him, and I don't think he always describes it as ethics - he makes it more about a form of risk management. There are lots of incentives short of getting put into jail that reward short term corporate decision making over longer term...
  18. Tony has been banned and won't return

    I will close the thread and the second account as well.
Top