Search results

  1. 2025 European Team Table Tennis Championships (October 12 to 19, 2025)

    It is really funny and pleasant to see Tokic still playing after a retirement ceremony was held for him and we haven't seen him on tour in years. Also interesting that no (relatively) young talent in Slovenia is currently strong enough to take that spot. Is Hribar injured or just not in form...
  2. Serves

    One of the annoying things about TTR is that only one thing gets reviewed whenever a serve is challenged. The ball goes clearly behind his head but that is not under review.
  3. Zyre 03 Rubber Review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    He explained it was something Waldner showed him if I remember correctly (or maybe it is a Bobrow story i misremember). It is just an alternative to flicking and for some serves and spins, it is more comfortable to push witj then the backhand out of that position.
  4. Serves

    A few comments: Some of the TTR reviews of his serves that were approved as clean were extremely dubious and I would argue that the TTR review got the call wrong but if we are to stick to the standard of passing the rule, then you are on decent ground. Thankfully we can see the video reviewed...
  5. Serves

    Yeah, people serve exactly the same way every time so all you have to do is look at one serve and there is nothing left to discuss. Genius I tell you....
  6. African Table Tennis Championships-2025 (12 - 19 October 2025)

    So the singles portion of this just ended. Nigeria couldn't get a player into the semis. The Finals were both all Egypt affairs. On the women's side, a bigger and fitter Hana Goda beat Dina Meshref 4-0. If she can maintain that level of physicality and add consistency, she will impose her...
  7. 2025 European Team Table Tennis Championships (October 12 to 19, 2025)

    This event is not being discussed here - wonder why... Went through the results for the first time today. Why did the French women's team mess up so badly? Before I reviewed the results, I saw a video in my Yotube Feed with Pavade saying they did what they had to do and I was thinking they...
  8. ITTF Pan American Championships 2025 (12 - 19 October 2025)

    I used to think so but I am not so sure anymore. I look at the tools and look for the path. He has better power but the gap between what his shots do to Hugo and what Hugo's shots do to him is night and day. But Hugo is top 5. To be top 10, we would need Kanak to be a better version of Qiu...
  9. ITTF Pan American Championships 2025 (12 - 19 October 2025)

    Hugo reveals all Kanak's inherent limitations. It will be interesting to see whether Kanak can develop consistent solutions for them.
  10. Thread about Japanese Players

    Kuai would have been 18 then. I suspect Ojio Haruna also had a positive record against Kuai Man around that time and a lot gets invested into CNT players when they make the first team and are in the 19-21 age range or are consistently first team players. But by all means, it does say Hashimoto...
  11. Thread about Japanese Players

    Mostly because fans project positive on Hashimoto when her opponent hasn't played her, in reality, the CNT is bringing the threat bsck into focus and as Wang Yidi showed their results are alread improving. Hashimoto is a much stronger defender than Suh Hyo Won in 2025 but as a first step, I am...
  12. Thread about Japanese Players

    Well let's hope she gets her Kuai Man moment. The CNT will get Kuai ready. She used to struggle against Ojio Haruna and fixed it so unlike most, I suspect Kuai will be fine.
  13. Zyre 03 Rubber Review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    Boosting didn't help it seems. That is how I feel using it unboosted.
  14. ITTF-ATTU Asian Teams Championships 2025, Bhubaneswar, 10/11-15

    Miwa is not her brother, you pointed to an issue causing lingering disharmony that was not evident in anything about the team's behavior during matches. With SYS having post-Olympic doldrums, WMY being absent and Chen Xingtong not being prepared for a surprise call of duty (and we won't get it...
  15. ITTF-ATTU Asian Teams Championships 2025, Bhubaneswar, 10/11-15

    Finally a realistic assessment of Honoka pending a miraculous transformation. But I guess the results of the last match helped...
  16. Zyre 03 Rubber Review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    You also play mid distance so you might be able to handle it better. I just don't feel any safety for my close to the table game.
  17. Zyre 03 Rubber Review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    Yes but it makes me wonder whether something is wrong with my technique when I experience that with this rubber ans not every other rubber on the market. But thankfully, other reviewers and players have discussed similar issues, but they are not discussed in most "influencer" reviews.
  18. ITTF-ATTU Asian Teams Championships 2025, Bhubaneswar, 10/11-15

    It was an issue that caused WMY to be unable to travel. Was not fully disclosed but since she was the prepared player, amd was replaced late by Chen Xingtong, I doubt it was Ma Lin's choice.
  19. Zyre 03 Rubber Review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    I can't play with Zyre 03. I am still trying to figure out why.
  20. ITTF-ATTU Asian Teams Championships 2025, Bhubaneswar, 10/11-15

    "It was hit like it was going towards rhe Bhubaneswar Airport ".
Top