Search results

  1. Butterfly Zyre 03

    That's entirely fair, do you have video of your play so I can see who is providing the expert commentary and how they play?
  2. 2025 European Team Table Tennis Championships (October 12 to 19, 2025)

    Dima is always recovering from something, and regardless, these are Germany's top 3 players at the moment.
  3. Butterfly Zyre 03

    In principle i agree. In practice, I let the performance level and its limitations speak for itself. What do you think my USATT/TTR is?
  4. 2025 European Team Table Tennis Championships (October 12 to 19, 2025)

    Wowl, Kozul beat Geraldo. Interesting....
  5. Butterfly Zyre 03

    I put it on a Viscaria SALC then a Hugo HAL. I now will have it on a Hadraw VK. The below should give you an example of how I play. The Zyre03 requires precise movement. My movement is much less precise than the rubber facilitates. Here i use Viscaria SAlC with Dignics 80.
  6. Butterfly Zyre 03

    I live somewhere where many people have D09c on their backhands. I used to have it on my backhand as well and I can play with it there (heck, I have used hard Big Dipper, H3 and TG3 Skyline on my backhand) and may go back to it. It's just work to get the ball moving. But its far from some...
  7. Zyre 03 Rubber Review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    To be fair, some of it I think may get better if I use the rubber enough that the sponge becomes a bit softer - that is what I think is missing, it currently plays like glass for me. That's why I want to persist for a couple more weeks before getting to a final final verdict. But my initial...
  8. Zyre 03 Rubber Review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    Hmmm... the people I know who hate D09c don't like it because it is like Hurricane (sticky) or because it is not Hurricane (bouncy with high arc). Few of them outright say they can't play with it. I don't remember a rubber quite like Z03 which was promoted as the best thing since sliced...
  9. Zyre 03 Rubber Review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    Fan Zhendong is rumored to have called Zyre shit so I know I am not alone. And even Butterfly admitted there was a divide between players that originally tested the design on whether it was a good for them or not. I just wish I could understand what the other side was doing so I could expand...
  10. Zyre 03 Rubber Review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    I don't know what to say, I wish I could live in the body of a Zyre-fan for an hour to understand how they see the world so differently from me. Other than flat hits, it doesn't reward me of any stroke I do regularly in my game better than 09c and I don't even play with 09c. I just can't...
  11. Serves

    No doubt, and if the argument is that everyone serves illegally so why can't he, I am totally on board for that within reason. But the idea that he is some paragon of legality is simply not true. Neither was Ma Long, but that is for another time. In general, the side-on pendulum is what it...
  12. Serves

    The ball being behind the player (as opposed to besides the player) means the receiver will have to move to see it throughout the toss. Serves that depend on where the receiver is standing for visibility are considered hidden serves. Logic and geometry do play a role in understanding the...
  13. Serves

    No they arent, the best argument you have made is that many players use illegal serves and he isnt necessarily worse than others. But as I have pointed out, many people can review how TTR has been applied fo Wang when it approves him and see that in many of them the ball was plainly behind the...
  14. Serves

    The rule is that the ball should be visible throughout the toss. Keep that on mind when making any arguments. Blatantly legal and visible serves are visible to both net posts and do not require the receiver to move to view contact.
  15. Best serve receive tutorials?

    I am 1900-2000, not that high level. IT's just that when you learn older, the things that are gaps in your game at the same rating level are not the same as kids with a few exceptions.
  16. 2025 European Team Table Tennis Championships (October 12 to 19, 2025)

    https://www.ettu.tv/events/71/50/2/5/5
  17. Butterfly Zyre 03

    I feel the rubber is bouncy for everything, I just can't get any extra time to play shots that I could play and control comfortably with D05, D09c or any rubber I remember. Tronix ZGR was the last rubber that made me feel like this lol.
  18. Best serve receive tutorials?

    Level difference shows up in many ways, but if a player is close to your level, the most important thing is to not let the player use fake or misleading cues to take your focus off the ball. Usually, I try to use big body motions to serve slow dead balls for example, because I want you to...
  19. Best serve receive tutorials?

    Well, a lot of TT learning is really exposure to scenario and adaptation through some mix of trial and error or coached feedback. So just facing serves will answer your question to some degree but here is the logic: To serve really fast, a serve has to come fairly low and fast through the...
  20. Best serve receive tutorials?

    Since you are asking, it is likely to be relative to amateur playing level. The earliest time to anticipate is usually the first bounce on your opponent's side well before it crosses the net. For a serve to be really fast and deep and push you back or rush you, it needs to hit really early...
Top