Search results

  1. STIGA New cybershape: CYBERSHAPE WAVY

    I actually thought it was decent with 09c. When I put on the 80, I had so many shots where I felt I hit the ball decently but the ball did not go. 80 is my main rubber and I Want to commit to the Cybershape but a bit disappointed with the consistency of grab and go.
  2. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    The account is pretty self-serving, it is like calling Kyoka Idesawa an amateur player. Togami played WJTTC for Japan. You can argue that he didn't always perform great, but he is never as off the grid as this ridiculous account would lead you to believe. Yes, I am not a fan of Togami's...
  3. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Hahaha - they usually do this when the ranking changes so nothing special. That said, there is something to be said for the world #1 being the world champion and I think the loss of the ranking will help LSD as well. He was being burdened with unreasonable expectations largely because of the...
  4. STIGA New cybershape: CYBERSHAPE WAVY

    I dont understand most of the reviews to be honest. Maybe I got a bad one. It plays like a thick wooden blade but nothing special in that regard. The main reason I got it is that I like the handles and wings on Cybershapes, but I don't find this blade forgiving, you need to catch the ball in...
  5. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    And so over the table as well.
  6. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Part of the reason I ask about TTR is that WCQ was clearly serving over the table IMHO. Umpires and servers need to do better.
  7. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    I found it interesting that there is no TTR at these events. Is that a bug or a feature?
  8. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    There was a Smash in Europe in between that where Harimoto lost to An Jaehyun. What's going on there is anyone's guess but it is not as simple as a performance downgrade.
  9. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Final still coming, don't jinx me lol.
  10. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Call it what you want, social standards are not only relevant when you are found guilty in court. He isn't in jail but his previous sponsors dropped him and he isnt explicitly associated with the national team. He is allowed to do whatever he wants but not all avenues are open to him. TTD...
  11. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    He might take a game but beating Hugo in a game is not about current form, beating Hugo is about having the discipline to execute tactically consistently and tactically against supernatural athleticism, I don't think Lind has that, but I could be wrong for sure.
  12. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Who is their head coach now? Oh?
  13. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Pros have "serviceable" everythings, but JWJ beating Duda and Xue Fei with combinations that required good and confident backhand play. And An has been holding his own in rallies, though still not enough to dent Hugo, but it all looks better and he has beaten Felix twice and Harimoto once again.
  14. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    I don't think anything has to be proven, the reputational damage speaks for itself. There is some cultural stuff related to sexual differences as well to account for. But people closer to China can answer your question better so I do not misrepresent the situation or the dynamics beyond stating...
  15. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Calderano - Lind 4 - 0. Wang - Jang 4 - 0 Wang 4-1 Calderano.
  16. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    I A couple of things to note: 1. Such comments when they are genuinely constructive are usually made behind closed doors unless they are being used to bring pressure on the player. 2. In the context of whar Lin Shidong was facing at the age and ranking he had, there were no comparables other...
  17. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    He said that you can't win with a backhand oriented style and implied that was the major issue that cost LSD vs Hugo. Things like age, pressure of leading the team, player development and global competition all got relegated behind style issues of forehand vs backhand. No doubt, forehand...
  18. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    I don't see it that way but it is not a problem to disagree on an opponent's play or shot selection, especially at a young age where development is still possible. I would ask that when you see that spin up, look at the sequence that led to it and ask whether you think he could really have...
  19. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    He beat Lind 3-0 with said weak forehand the prior times they have played. Many points can be made about this but it is simply incorrect that LSD loses matches because of his weak forehand, it's often a comment from players who not like his backhand style. Forehand oriented players have a style...
  20. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    No, it is because he put fewer balls on the table than his opponent. Maybe the opponent exploited something about his forehand, but it is better to know that by seeing how the opponent played the match rather than speaking about a weak forehand that 99.999% of players in the world cannot exploit.
Top