Search results

  1. Benyamin Faraji 14 years old.

    Yeah the same data that showed Wassim Essid as younger than Faraji Just about any kid who plays at that level is a prodigy. It is all relative. And usually, someone who is genuinely interested in the player takes a deeper look at a lot of things, and doesnt go out of his way ro list a player...
  2. Benyamin Faraji 14 years old.

    Good at least you hopefully didnt just trust chatgpt. Like I said I dont have time to check. The one player I know there for sure Essim is at least 17. Lee Seungsoo i do know is 14. But if you can put in Wassim Essid, that for me caused enough credibility doubt. In the end, everyone is...
  3. Benyamin Faraji 14 years old.

    Yes but you were wrong on the ages. Listing a bunch of older players gives a misleading sample to evaluate his strength. My point is that even Harimoto was beatable so that is uninteresting. He is dominating bis age group. He is not losing to players who are less experienced than him on a...
  4. Benyamin Faraji 14 years old.

    I dont have time to check all the ages of all those kids but ibam extremely familiar with Wassid Essim and he is at least 17, possibly older. Maybe your other kids are accurate but I dont have time ro check and it doesnt give me confidence to know that the one kid i am familiar with is already...
  5. Benyamin Faraji 14 years old.

    Those were interesting displays of potential and taking advantage of an unfamiliar game, they do not mean the kid doesn't have exploitable gaps. Same with almost any player at that age not named Fan Zhendong As juniors, when playing fellow juniors, usually you look at the age difference to...
  6. Benyamin Faraji 14 years old.

    Most of those players are significantly older.
  7. Benyamin Faraji 14 years old.

    He is 15, playing with a Mizutani SZLC, it's completely normal for kids at that age to have underpowered forehands and to struggle with them playing against top pros until their full strength kicks in at 17 and 18 with more growth and training.
  8. Benyamin Faraji 14 years old.

    Yeah, Lin Shidong also had a bad post Olympic mental state, he barely beat Faraji at the same tournament. The boy is 15, give him a break.
  9. TESTING ZHANG JIKE'S TABLE TENNIS BAT!

    Timo said the same thing about Dignics 09c. Just another way in which Dan plays like Timo.
  10. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    I was speaking tongue-in-cheek, it has been fairly obvious for a while, I don't watch him enough to figure out the inconsistency but his offensive lefty game has top 20 at least written all over it if he can be consistent.
  11. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    I don't know.... the preparation level will be amplified.
  12. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    Understood. I think you underestimate the legend of Fan at 13 because he wasn't on tour but he was already on the provincial teams. But this is not a scientific argument, it's one where opinions can differ on the impact of things. Harimoto was beating players with specific styles and...
  13. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    Inquiring minds want to know the answer to this question.... Is Chan Baldwin the most dangerous underdog in the world?
  14. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    Yes but again these are singular prodigies. If this was being driven primarily by the ball, there would be many such players. Even with the old ball on the women's side we had Guo Yue. But you made my main point better than I did. Imagine if Harimoto was Chinese, he would be another...
  15. "This rubber is not correct!"

    Exactly and since I posted the tests that ITTF does at racket controls, I will wait for your evidence that they test for friction. Absent that, I will assume they don't. I am open to evidence that they do. I just haven't seen any. When you have your evidence that they do, please provide it...
  16. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    You may be right, but again, we haven't had other 12-14 year olds performing at that level since the plastic ball was created so is it that Harimoto was a singularly prodigious guy or the plastic ball is the dominant explanation? My point is that since other players are haven't done it with...
  17. "This rubber is not correct!"

    Then the real point is that claiming that pips rubbers are illegal if they don't have a certain friction limit is useless because there is no test for it.
  18. "This rubber is not correct!"

    No. I actually posted that the test procedures written by the ITTF have zero tests listed for rubber friction and I wasn't the one who claimed that there was a test for rubber friction being used by the ITTF. It is up to the person who claims that to substantiate it. Hint: read prior posts...
  19. "This rubber is not correct!"

    Here is a January 2025 page on what they test for with enhanced racket testing. You can point out where friction limit shows up in there: https://www.ittf.com/2025/01/15/ittf-unveils-enhanced-racket-control-process/ Pre-Match Control: Rackets will be checked by designated racket testers for...
  20. "This rubber is not correct!"

    You can provide the example you have in mind. Your list is inverted player faulted for rubber thickness and VOCs. If someone got faulted for friction test, you can share. I don't have to substantiate it, you can provide one example if you know of it.
Top