Search results

  1. FISU World University Games 2025

    Unfortunate, these are top 50 quality players sidelined because of sanctions against Russia. They were juniors a few years ago and relatively young and should have been the generation to replace Shibaev and Skachkov. It's a pity how war ruins everything.
  2. WTT Contender Lagos 2025 Jul 22-26

    Yeah that was really weird. Here I was thinking Sreeja had a poor draw but then saw Hayata had a poor result lol.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I spent more money on blades and I have concluded that the modern Korbel is the Harimoto ALC or SALC. The blade feels extremely slow and controlled to me compared to what I usually play with (Viscaria SALC) LOL. I still have to do more with it but I am comfortable recommending it to a player...
  4. Blade maintenance?

    Pros train a lot and swap rubbers a lot and sometimes use extra additives a lot as well so comparing their needs to ours can be a bit misleading when we might change rubbers every 3- 6 months and not reglue rubbers in between or add other moisture containing performance enhancing chemicals. So...
  5. WTT Contender Lagos 2025 Jul 22-26

    Matches are on now... still qualifiers but interesting to see who made it and who didnt.
  6. FISU World University Games 2025

    The highlights are soooo good....
  7. WTT Contender Lagos 2025 Jul 22-26

    They just had the regional qualifiers gor the African Championships. Quadri doesn't seem to be playing. Wonder what's going on there....
  8. WTT Contender Buenos Aires 2025 Jul 22-27

    Life is not a deterministic machine, he is the favorite but in sports, anything can happen. Remember that Koki Niwa lost to Kai Zhang. Sharath Kamal Achanta lost to Ojo Onaolapo. Liang Jingkun lost to Lilian.
  9. Damien Éloi: Are the top players’ rubbers different?

    In support of this argument, I heard a superstar uses rubbers thicker than those commercially available after consultation with his brand. You can get the sponge hardness commercially but his rubber thickness you can't. Makes you think lol.
  10. Felix Lebrun lost 14 direct points on serve when faced Wang Chuqin

    How many and which Darko marches are you using? He served forehand less so he got more calls on his backhand serve, but his forehand serves has issues. We generally agree so we are discussing small things. Toss issues on backhand serves are possible but hiding without beinf obvious is harder...
  11. Felix Lebrun lost 14 direct points on serve when faced Wang Chuqin

    Aruna got faulted for his forehand serves. It was so bad he served exclusively backhsnd against Harimoto. He beat Zhou Qihao mostly serving backhand so it wasn't like his forehand serves were required. But Quadri has always had major toss issues on his forehand serves, so I wasn't surprised...
  12. Felix Lebrun lost 14 direct points on serve when faced Wang Chuqin

    Nah, most serves faulted were not backhand serves. Where did you get that from? Backhand serves can have toss issues and some leave hands in the way. But definitely most backhand serves with decent toss are easily legal. I agree on the variety. Serving is a fun and creative part of the game...
  13. Felix Lebrun lost 14 direct points on serve when faced Wang Chuqin

    I agree on the solving. But whether pros would agree or accept it not sure.
  14. Felix Lebrun lost 14 direct points on serve when faced Wang Chuqin

    You can be sure the CNT have worked extensively with a similar system and have had their serves validated in advance. They don't leave such things to chance. I wish the system was more plainly making dubious serves faults. Rewarding marginal serves is not supposed to be the point of this. I...
  15. Felix Lebrun lost 14 direct points on serve when faced Wang Chuqin

    No, Ma Long didn't change his serves, they stopped using the TTR system. Even now, one weakness of the TTR system is that the Chinese players have used it and probably know its limitations while no one else likely has practiced with it. Because I really cannot believe the confidence with which...
  16. Felix Lebrun lost 14 direct points on serve when faced Wang Chuqin

    Larry Hodges has always argued that the correct criteria is visible to both netposts. Basically the serve should be in front of you. Unfortunately, most serves would be illegal as performed currently by the pros so they just prefer to keep their illegality rather than fix it. People forget...
  17. Felix Lebrun lost 14 direct points on serve when faced Wang Chuqin

    You missed his point, which is that Jorgic is also hiding his serves.
  18. Felix Lebrun lost 14 direct points on serve when faced Wang Chuqin

    Ma Long served a lot of hidden serves too, it is not about character, it is just what the sport has become.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So the club i played the event at streams most of its events. So there is some video. I often hate watching myself on video these days because I look even straighter than I feel after the first match. But some of the shots are on video. Here is one:
  20. Felix Lebrun lost 14 direct points on serve when faced Wang Chuqin

    Felix does the same thing maybe just not as effectively in this match.
Top