Search results

  1. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Because of Darko's relative success and because both Darko and Felix are Tibhar players (and Tibhar tables are slippery like Joolas), I hesitate to say confidently that Felix has leveled up. But it does look at this stage like he has in quite a few ways.
  2. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Chen Yi I feel happy for. Tall TT players suffer enough in silence lol. Her story of overcoming rapid growth might inspire a few more. I do want Zhu to win. Might be minor compensation for having her career hit by cancer but this would he extremely satisfying.
  3. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Nah. Table Tennis: we need a paternity test...
  4. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Harimoto uses two calls of faults against LYJ. Killed his momentum as LYJ won the next two points. But anyone who thinks pros don't want to win by faulting their opponent's serves is missing the point completely. He wins the game on serve return because LYJ had to be more careful to avoid...
  5. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Darko had modest help from the Joola tables being like Tibhar tables lol.
  6. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Darko turns the corner! Nice!
  7. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    A 25% chance for something that has never happened before is pretty high. I hope you are more right than I am.
  8. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    I honestly think there is something in the software to be more generous to CNT players. Just kidding. But that call made absolutely no sense, especially in light of what Harimoto was faulted for against Quadri. They should take the behind the player's body issue more seriously.
  9. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Looks like we are almost 100% going to get the match we have been waiting for since Zhu unretired - Zhu Yuling vs Mima Ito. I am indifferent because I would very much love for Hashimoto to beat Ito but Ito is on a different level vs defenders so I am not considering it seriously.
  10. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Only Good For Doubles vs World Finest. Does OGFD have a chance? Not looking good so far. Worlds Finest is good at suppressing Avatar states...
  11. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Hayata is sowing the seeds of her destruction. Overhitting, not moving or creating angles, not accepting that her opponent is playing better and that the match has changed...
  12. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    I know infallible people consider asking questions to be "ridiculing" but you can ask ChatGPT if that is the only way to interpret such statements. I ask questions to understand what is really driving the thought process because if someone really believes you can't compare across eras, can...
  13. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Even Jordan doesn't call himself the GOAT. ML not accepting the title is the usual modesty of anyone not named Muhammed Ali. Rules change, times change, contexts change, so you are usually the greatest of your era.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Keeping contact closer to the body enables you to swing into the shot with the body and to lean over the ball to swing with more power. You still have room for more power with more lean so you can backswing more towards yourself but the new shot is definitely an improvement.
  15. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    What does @pongfugrasshopper have to do with the JPN? Remind me of the details I missed....
  16. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Unfortunately, Honoka has the worst draw possible with Mima Ito. Wishing her the best but not holding my breath.
  17. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    It is really crazy, how did she lose to someone only good for doubles? Up 2-0 too...
  18. United States Smash 2025, Las Vegas, 7/3-13

    Honoka Hashimoto unites the forum - with all the divisive arguments over players on the JNT, even Tieba users admit Honoka is good for TT (though I suspect some might make it about Wang Yidi...)
Top