Search results

  1. Chinese Super League 2025

    Where's the website where one can track the scores and results?
  2. Chinese Super League 2025

    It was a close match. I am happy Fan didnt play, he has suffered enough mentally with these burdens and expectations, and unlike Ma Long, he left early enough for Wang to have a chance. I await Wang vs Fan whenever it comes up.
  3. FZD is back, not in shape but . . .

    He is clearly slower? Seriously? So what was he beating Lin Shidong by before he came back?
  4. Chinese Super League 2025

    How does Kou Lei do it lol?
  5. How to handle very spiny loops?

    Thanks, when I say guide over the side top, I am really thinking follow through but I forget that language doesn't always work the way I think it does.
  6. Chinese Super League 2025

    I suspect though I could be wrong that too much credit is being given to the overall league structure and too little to what the teams can afford/want when it comes to the foreign players. Also some of the teams have legacy structures from prior years that affect who gets placed where.
  7. How to handle very spiny loops?

    Take a full step back, maybe more and then just guide the ball back by touching the side and then the top in one fluid motion. If that gives them too much time and you are still losing points after bringing the ball back, try to do the same thing closer to the table, but keep the racket high so...
  8. Chinese Super League 2025

    Yet he beat Xu Yingbin. It's not a mathematical science and he is getting older.
  9. Chinese Super League 2025

    Xu Yingbin is a problem opponent of sorts, the struggles is not entirely unexpected, happy to see Fan found his best form quickly enough.
  10. Chinese Super League 2025

    Yan An is a retiree and more of a contemporary of the likes of Fang Bo etc. and arguably Ma Long, Zhang Jike etc. FZD as always is all class.
  11. Thoughts on Rhyzer Pro 50 and Golden Tango

    You prefer Jekyll and Hyde to EFC 54 even though EFC 54 is more similar to your original rubber?
  12. Thoughts on Rhyzer Pro 50 and Golden Tango

    I tried it and it didn't feel that way. But maybe if was overthinking it.
  13. Feedback on forehand topspin

    More brush, trying to catch the ball before releasing it, and following the shape of the ball with your stroke, especially your whip structure and fingers. You mighr take the ball earlier or later and see what happens. The ball tends to slow down the further you are from thr table which means...
  14. Feedback on forehand topspin

    For 25 years out, it is a great start. I would second @Tyce 's advice about getting in person coaching though given your local club situation, it might be hard to get. There are a few things I would change, but I am also a specific player with a very specific approach to the game, my focus in...
  15. Tips and Vlog videos

    Great video on a highly underdiscussed topic - how context changes the demands of the same stroke.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My point is that the main source of the power is a backswing that enables you to pull the racket into the ball. When the elbow is leading the stroke when you want more power so it is not so much to the side as in front of you. In fact as the racket comes forward the elbow tends to go backward...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Okay, I think the biceps should contract slightly but not massively.. I am basically saying that your backswing is more like Tom here and it should be more like Liam when you go for power. Even if your juat point your racket towards you at thr end of the backswing that should get you most of...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The body usage seems a bit wrong, you don't need to rotate the shoulder too much but you do need to lean forward so you have room to backswing into your body. Your backswing is starting too far out and with not enough of a C shape to swing forward with power. You should feel that your...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This will be interesting to see, i suspect what the coach is teaching is different from the dominant backhand paradigm but only video will tell.
  20. How to learn PERFECT Forehand Loop

    It's not a one size fits all equation to be honest - a lot of it is really in *SHOT SELECTION*. Speed can be more important that spin but it is all about consistency ultimately in producing that speed or spin and whether you can hit all the shots you need to hit to win points vs various...
Top