Search results

  1. Your set-up when you were a 1300 level player?

    This was the days of the 40mm cell ball and i was a serial EJ. Might be some Gambler texalium blade with reflection or giant dragon balsa def with rhyzm. Didn't really matter.
  2. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    This tournament is Miwa's tournament. Not the best place for Hayata to defend her record.
  3. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    I believe she is two time winner and current defending champion.
  4. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    This tournament is Miwa's birthright if I remember correctly.
  5. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    I don't think Hayata can win, especially after Yokoi got a game. But I thought the same thing in Japan Nationals...
  6. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    It was close, at least the first two games. But for some reason, if Sora isn't front running or doesn't win game 2, he struggles to do something to change the tone of the game. It might be age but it might be a serious limitation.
  7. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    The problem is that he is 18( in 3 days) and there are no equally promising prospects. It will be interesting to see whether he can build a better portfolio of 3-2 comebacks. Karlsson is a legit terrorist though... but it shouldn't have been 3-0 going away....
  8. How long does a blade lasts?

    We aren't pros, we can use blades as long as we like. The only dangers to blades are accidents and overgluing (since wet glue used to frequently can soften and warp the blade but this is rare for players who don't use and change rubber with pro-level frequency.) So your romance can last forever.
  9. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Getting into position first means many things to many people. As someone with limited footwork, my position has always been that you need to always focus on aligning your swing with the ball before going through your strike zone.any good technique has a strike zone and the best technique has a...
  10. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    Shinozuka and Odo can make a good team but you want your two best talents paired together. I wonder whether the internal vibes on Matsushima are the same as the spectator vibes because he would not be so privileged if they were.
  11. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    Sora can't handle the Olympics... he needs to retire...
  12. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    Sora has a chance to backup his statements about playing 2024 Olympics. So far not so good lol...
  13. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    Well i guess his record is now blemishes with his loss to Yousef. And of course, Sora's victories over Xiang Peng etc. don't give him any extra credit. Tieba uses are tough graders. But of course as always, Uda and Sora are young and promising...
  14. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    Doesn't Kihara use pips as well?
  15. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    Look at what happened in Germany at the discretion of Roaskopf in picking Boll over Franziska. These things are not about China per se. It is about trying to understand what drives a decision. It can be wrong or right but we adapt to the information we are given. You can make ot sound like...
  16. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    Tunis now table tennis capital of Japan....
  17. WTT Contender Tunis 2025 Apr 22-27

    Kihara is still working out something. I think her overall play even in doubles reflects this.
  18. ITTF Men's and Women's World Cup Macao 2025, 4/14-20

    Pride is an important motivation. You think Wang Manyu will lose to Kuai Man from 2-0 up but beat Harimoto from 0-2 down because Kuai Man is better than Harimoto?
  19. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    The conversation being had was transparent for everyone to see. I am not sure whether you can read or not. I was clearly speculating before being informed that a selection trial took place and the players selected were winners. That top 10 players like Kuai Man and Xiang Peng won't play...
  20. ITTF Men's and Women's World Cup Macao 2025, 4/14-20

    I understand. I don't agree with it. But I definitely understand it.
Top