Search results

  1. Something a bit quicker than Fastarc G1?

    OP is unlikely to be a pro but my answer came from a 2400 player one day when I told him I played with G1. There is a reason why MX-P was the 05 competitor for a while. That and Bluefire.
  2. Something a bit quicker than Fastarc G1?

    Tibhar Evolution MX-P is the standard answer, the problem is that it doesn't last long because of the evaporating booster.
  3. European Under-21 Table Tennis Championships-2025

    Coton wins. Oh well, Gauzy is safe for LA 2028 according to the experts, nothing to see here...
  4. HULK SMASH!!!

    Hmmm... was ir because you were playing kids? Or because you needed something you could actually control lol...
  5. XIOM C55 Impressions and Comparison with H3N

    Unless you see the player and how they hit the ball, discussing durability and rubber care is relative. By the way, my rubners look like trash and people tell me to clean them with rubber cleaner but I still get great spin from them so I have realized that optics beat performance for too many.
  6. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    I hear you but the injuries have to be the key. Even players like Solja got to age 28 despite them. Ai Fukuhara got to 29. Lacking motivation is clearly not in the cards for Hirano. But injuries is fair game.
  7. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    You think she concedes that Odo is better? I don't see it unless she has unpublicised nagging injuries.
  8. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    From a rankings perspective WTTC is not what it used to be so it will be interesting to know the masterplan.
  9. I Challenged A Pro With A Mystery Table Tennis Bat!

    Kanak as a junior always had more feeling with the backhand than the forehand and it is natural for you to need to adjust the side of the racket that comes less naturally to you. I suspect his forehand is more sensitive to rubber changes than his backhand.
  10. Bluegrip C2 or Rakza Z or Z Extra Hard?

    Depends on the person's forehand!
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So in addition to adopting the Mizutani elbow positioning in order to make my stroke more tightly tied to my body rotation, I am trying to do some physical work to improve my overall strength with a focus on glutes more than anything else. Will be interesting to see how well it works if at all.
  12. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    I think he has been cleared and is going to play but you might have heard something else.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The first serve I could get serious deception on vs good players was the backspin vs no spin combination and as my backspin serve improved, the deception improved tremendously. In general, I find that amount of spin is easier to deceive people with than the decision between top/back. I used...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The problem with being the open rally guy is that a large amount of TT improvement is tied to being more dangerous on the first four balls (or at least being more safe). In fact with this new ball, I have often done the test of serving plain serves and other than against the blockers, my level...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It depends on placement. It is always easier for a serve to the backhand to be directed back to the backhand side and a serve to the forehand to be directed to the forehand side, the sidespins can make certain angles harder on passive play but those rarely tend to override the ease of going...
  16. Need tips on how to improve my feeling/control

    Sticky on wood is not that smart . Many people who use sticky on wood let the stickiness degrade over time. The new balls are also too slow so it is not just you and age, the plastic balls have changed the game.
  17. Need tips on how to improve my feeling/control

    There are three keys: The first is to play all your strokes at different speeds. People who try to swing hard all the time end up swinging hard all the time and when their power or timing is off, they have no plan B. If you swing at different speeds with different levels of power, you get a...
Top