Search results

  1. DHS Hurricane 8-80 review: A great hybrid backhand rubber

    can you do a mini comparison between 8-80 vs dhs h3n 37/38 degree rubbers on backhand?
  2. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    I've been here for at least a few years and i feel like the forum activity is the same? some days more active than others, which matches my own personal use (bases mostly on my personal time available to post). As with any sport, there's only so much you can talk about; tactics/development...
  3. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Don't worry victor, i also take my wife to dinner after tournament, even if i win zero dollars. Funnily enough, if i want to play an extra day of table tennis during the week, it usually costs me a "wife's trip to Sephora" or Target. And I thought table tennis was supposed to be a relatively...
  4. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Great thread. I only have personal anecdotes since I have used many rubbers discussed in this thread. When I was only rated 1000 USATT, a local coach recommended I get Viscaria+Tenergy 05 on forehand (and tenergy 19) on backhand. I never ended up taking lessons with him, go figure. But soon...
  5. Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial Blue Sponge, 40 degrees) is the longest living (and the best) rubber I have ever tried.

    its the best rubber ever! mine is 7 months old and i swear its playing better today than it did two months ago.
  6. Butterfly Zyre 03

    i tried it for 5 minutes on my club mate's viscaria. didnt like it. doesn't have the slingshot feeling that i love about hurricane. the ball POPs off the rubber and even makes a POPPING noise. it wasn't bad, but just not for me.
  7. DIY "TT Scoreboard" I've made over Christmas holidays

    It looks like the buttons are attached to the table. you push the button after you score. having it on the table is actually better than a remote in your pocket IMO.
  8. Most consistent BH rubber for opening up the game

    its not a rubber you're looking for...its more practice on the table :D
  9. Time to try Hurricane 3

    Woohooo! The cool thing about the h3 is that it will be even better after a week of playing on. (at my level it takes a couple weeks before it gets really good, but i'm guessing you play a lot more so it will "break in" even faster for you). At first i ddidn't like my h3n prov BS 39degree 2.15...
  10. What serve should I use?

    These are your options for serves: 1a) The serve that gives your opponent the most trouble 1b) The serve that gives you the best 3rd ball to attack 2)The serve your opponent least expects. These are the main tactics I use when serving. In execution, it can look vastly different depending...
  11. Sleeping after a late TT session

    have a baby. you will be so tired after that you will fall asleep within an hour. lol. but seriously, i had the same issue as you until I became a father. If you want a faster, cheaper and easier solution- have you tried having a hot cup of chamomile tea? doing some stretches and deep...
  12. Pongbot Nova S Pro owners' review and discussion thread

    brooo this is really cool! now i just need to see if i can connect to my omni S pro. if that works, i'll have to spend the time programming the random drills i'm looking for.
  13. Pongbot Nova S Pro owners' review and discussion thread

    wow this is pretty cool! would this work on omni S pro? If you could refine the random feature i would definitely be interested. Something like this would be incredible: ball 1: short underspin to forehand ball 2: random top spin to EITHER forehand or backhand Repeat
  14. Viewership numbers

    ok, well if i was to make my point more clearly, it would go like this: Potential new players to pickleball or tabletennis will most likely choose pickleball over tabletennis because they are not good enough nor have the willingness or ability to learn how to become good at table tennis, and...
  15. Viewership numbers

    lol dude its not like i tell pickleballers this to their face, but you and and me both know that is 100% easier for a great ping pong player to go and become a great pickleball player than it is for a pickleball player to come and become a great ping pong player. even your friends who were 2000+...
  16. Viewership numbers

    People love pickleball because they're not good enough to play pingpong. its the fastest growing sport here in the USA apparently, but its so boring to watch for me. Fun to play, but i dont play often because i dont want to mess up my ping pong stroke. Its also generally way more accessible...
  17. New skill unlocked: Counter-attacking opponent's loop

    awesome but you forgot to look your opponent directly in their eye and yell "CHOOOOO-LEEEEEEEE" in slow motion.
  18. Butterfly Zyre 03

    dont wanna derail the thread because i dont know if this is true for the new butterfly rubber, but with hurricane, a thicker sponge, even just .05 is significantly harder to hit through and engage the sponge. i much prefer the thinner sponge over the thicker, even if the thicker sponge has a...
  19. Butterfly Zyre 03

    this hurts my shoulder just thinking about it. i was surprised by how much of a difference i felt on my 2.15 h3n compared to the 2.10 h3n (same hardness)
Top