Search results

  1. Feedback on my League games

    Please stop it already - just train adding more arc on your forehand when you need it by selecting a different swing trajectory/contact point and continue to use what you are currently using. You look like a serious player now and taking this back to equipment is a step backwards IMHO. And...
  2. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Nah, they are just civil war kings (princes) and queens (princesses). The truth shall be revealed in Singapore!
  3. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Timo Boll is one of the most injured athletes of all time. It is a pity he isn't from Hong Kong so zeio would have fixed all his ailments with early intervention and he would have gotten all the help he deserved. Ma Long was also a lack of knee surgery away from retirement 6-7 years ago. It...
  4. Feedback on my League games

    This play style is not going to get you to a good level. You need a style that is ready to rally even if the goal is to win early in the point. Your current style is fine.
  5. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    Seemiller and Boggan used long pips? This is news to me...
  6. WTT Singapore Smash 2025 (30 Jan ~ 9 Feb 2025)

    One to four, China. Five to eight, Japan.
  7. WTT Singapore Smash 2025 (30 Jan ~ 9 Feb 2025)

    Thanks. You made it easy to find. Some interesting round 1 matches though they might bore some...
  8. Fantastic match! US Open

    Got an email saying MLTT is going on CBS sports. Not entirely sure what it implies but sounds cool without then details.
  9. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    But those are much harder than pips to attack with.
  10. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    Antipower is a Yasaka brand of anti-spin I believe...
  11. I TESTED MA LONG’S ACTUAL TABLE TENNIS BAT!

    Obviously he has character issues. But he knows his table tennis. And even as an EJ, I tend to find a lot of stuff about blades outside of rebound and vibration/sound to be extremely silly. But whatever makes money tends to find fools who believe it.
  12. I TESTED MA LONG’S ACTUAL TABLE TENNIS BAT!

    He was obviously being comedic, but his point was that it doesn't do anything for him. Even the whole thing was more like a skit.
  13. I TESTED MA LONG’S ACTUAL TABLE TENNIS BAT!

    I dont think we are seriously disagreeing. Customization of a design of a blade for a specific player (and even rubber) can be and usually is a long back and forth process. Usually the biggest things are to get a certain speed of blade and a specific handle design with a specific...
  14. Fantastic match! US Open

    Financials are not public so no one knows how big or little the money is...
  15. Fantastic match! US Open

    But most of them are over 30 and past their prime. It is the age that matters not the playing level... Edit: did you list Wang Wei?
  16. Thoughts on Coach EmRatThich?

    I have a piece of land in Arodan I want to sell you...l
  17. Fantastic match! US Open

    A couple of things - football is a sport where you run around for 90 minutes, so age plays a huge role there vs table tennis, as aerobic capacity is significantly affected as you get older. Messi did not leave Barca for the US directly, Messi already had a stint at PSG before coming to the USA...
  18. I TESTED MA LONG’S ACTUAL TABLE TENNIS BAT!

    The quality is not in the construction per se, it is more in the selection given tolerances. Yes, after the blade is built and selected, it is easy to say "ah, this and that and this and that about the blade make it special", but no one can manufacture a blade and be very sure the blade will...
  19. Fantastic match! US Open

    The soccer analogies I will leave for another time. I have already explained what is wrong with them - as you get older, your priorities change and you need to be able to measure the playing level of the payer independent of the league which is harder in soccer but easier in table tennis. We...
  20. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    As someone going through PT right now, I read her statement very differently, sometimes the way you used to do things before is no longer accessible, but it doesn't mean the new way is worse or can't get easier or stronger with time. Let's give her time rather than posting sensationalized...
Top